Stuck installing

#1bob3rt24Posted 11/13/2009 2:55:35 PM
Updated my PS3's Firmware and I am trying to install but it stays stuck at 100%, I restarted my PS3 a couple of times... with the switch and the power button.

Any ideas? I rarely use my PS3 The only Gamedata I have on it is like 2 saves and MGS4
---
I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it, but if you don't have one then you are never disappointed, and I gotta tell ya it feels phenomenal
#2X_OldSnake_XPosted 11/13/2009 2:58:10 PM
Delete the save data Dragon Age Origins created and start her up again.

---
EOF
#3bob3rt24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2009 3:00:52 PM
you mean the install data? Cause I haven't even got to play yet, those two saves were from Uncharted 1 & 2
---
I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it, but if you don't have one then you are never disappointed, and I gotta tell ya it feels phenomenal
#4X_OldSnake_XPosted 11/13/2009 3:07:27 PM
Not save data. The actual install data.

It's above save data in the dashboard. I forget what it's called though.
You don't have the ps3 stuffed with music and videos do you?
I mean it's not like 75% full of crap is it?

But anyway I had a similar problem. I deleted all game data saves I didn't need and all instal data I didn't need, I deleted the data Dragons Origin attempted to install, and restarted.

Install went 3X as fast and succeeded.

---
EOF
#5bob3rt24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2009 3:09:12 PM
no no, like I said I don't even use this thing that often (I am a PC gamer). So there isn't really anything on there that I know of. I'll try deleting the data and see where that gets me,
---
#6bob3rt24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2009 3:40:30 PM
well I tried that, and I still have no luck, I deleted all the info off of my PS3, but nothing. It makes a jump from 21% directly to 100% and just stays there. Let it stay at 100% for like 40 mins and nothing.
---
#7X_OldSnake_XPosted 11/13/2009 3:56:33 PM

You deleted the install data from game data utility or whatever it's called?

NOT saved data.

---
EOF
#8bob3rt24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2009 4:11:51 PM
yes, that is correct.
---
#9bob3rt24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2009 5:00:22 PM
bump
---