Will decisions carry over to Dragon Age 2?

#1CODPlayer86Posted 2/11/2010 2:54:51 AM
I haven't beaten the game yet, so no spoilers, but I've led an interesting adventure so far and I'd like to see it amount to something in the next one.
#2DeadSpacedPosted 2/11/2010 4:10:01 AM
Friendly warning - this topic is impossible to discuss without spoilers. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole if you want your experience with the game to remain pure. Also don't read the cheats pages or the character information on your side kicks.

---
Streptococcus Milleri smells like Caramel!
#3Den_SistePosted 2/11/2010 4:27:58 AM
from all we've been hearing on Bioware's side of it... yes.

to what extent, no clue.... but i'd imagine it's much like how your decisions are impacting the story now, just carried over.
#4Aztec_SoulPosted 2/11/2010 5:05:17 AM

dragon age 2... as in the expansion coming out next month, or actual new dragon age game coming out next year?

for the expansion, I think it would be difficult to be able to make things carry over exactly... what if this player died? what if I did this ending-changing action or decision? a lot of variables to be accounted for perfectly, so I'd say only the major decisions carry over... regardless, I'm not going to bother continuing a saved character right away... I'll start as the new origin, and do the whole original game + expansion as one character...

#5Nikolaj-11Posted 2/11/2010 10:37:28 AM
Aztec_Soul posted...

dragon age 2... as in the expansion coming out next month, or actual new dragon age game coming out next year?

for the expansion, I think it would be difficult to be able to make things carry over exactly... what if this player died? what if I did this ending-changing action or decision? a lot of variables to be accounted for perfectly, so I'd say only the major decisions carry over... regardless, I'm not going to bother continuing a saved character right away... I'll start as the new origin, and do the whole original game + expansion as one character...

Doh boomboom, why would anyone try to load over a dead character..?
#6BlueHockeyPosted 2/11/2010 10:59:49 AM
Don't know if it's true but I heard that a dead character will be resurrected as part of the storyline for the expansion. I have no links or anything to back this up I was just talking to a friend of mine about how pissed I was that I sacrificed my favorite character and didn't have any backup saves to play the expansion and he said that he had read about the resurrection thing
---
PSN - Maverides
#7Neo_TaiPosted 2/11/2010 11:05:31 AM
make 5 save us enough with 5 diffirent ending

#1 rule with alistair (if your female noble) better then the male
#2 stay a warden with alistair and serve ferelden (any female character)
#3 alistair marry anora (depend on your choice here of you stay or leave)
#4 alistair rule alone (save for number 3)
#5 loghain live while alistair and anora are marry (this one is kinda weird but need to see the outcome)
#6 rule with anora (depend if you let loghain live/die and alistair stay with you or die)

that how i will do it =) and see what will happen in those 5 save if that make any diffirent when awakening will come out next month.
#8gonzagylotPosted 2/11/2010 11:47:05 AM
I don't know if decisions will really carry through. It just seems like too many options to take into account.

My guess is that they will adopt a "cannon" story of what happened.

My other guess is that the major focus (perhaps villian?) of the second game will be Morrigan's baby all grown up and ready to be a former god/former archdemon reincarnated and ready to do it's thing.

That would take about 25 years..... Long enough for Alistair and the warden to still be alive, but getting closer to that unenviable march in the deep roads.
---
PSN: gonzagylot00
#9BlueHockeyPosted 2/11/2010 12:36:10 PM
Awakenings will carry over your decisions, this is from IGN taking to one of the producers

"But one of the things that we wanted to do with Dragon Age as a franchise is that it's all based on choices and consequences. So there is a lot of reactivity to things that you've done in Origins if you choose to import that character. Of course, that will depend on the decisions you made and at what point you're importing them into Awakening. For instance, if you're coming from the end game save, then there's going to be a lot more reactivity, including [Spoilers Ahead!] right down to the very choices of how the Archdemon was defeated and who you put on the throne and all that kind of stuff -- hopefully that's not going to spoil it for you! If you choose to import from a much earlier point, then there may not be as much reactivity, but you'll hear about certain rumors. "

What a sequel will do who knows, but I expect it will be similar looking at how in depth the data transfer is from ME to ME2
---
PSN - Maverides
#10Aztec_SoulPosted 2/11/2010 2:39:52 PM

Nikolaj-11 posted...

Doh boomboom, why would anyone try to load over a dead character..?[/QUOTE]

for resurrection purposes... doh...

I think it would have been better for awakening to be less linear that it seems to be... it's going to force us to lose all our party members with the exception of one, based on online previews of the game... I'd have liked it if we kept the members from the original story through to awakening... that, and when we start a new origin, we can recruit the new party members (like Anders, the maleficar), when we visit the new landmass (Amaranthine)... obviously, the main reason for having Amaranthene there is for the continuationof the origin story... but weshould still be able to access it in some way for the new party members during the original adventure... that way, wecan havea better selection ofmembers to choose from, throughout...

*spoiler:

...with Shayle of House Cadash as a recruitable female dwarven warrior, if we did her quest, in conjunction to having Wynne in the party... otherwise, she could stay as a Golem if either the her quest wasn't done, or Wynne died...

...and with Zevran available, if we chose to let him be with the main character as a friend, or 'friend'... same with Leliana, as the life-partner of the main character...

...and i doubt that awakening would feature morrigan's baby as a major character, since we did have the option of NOT going through with her ritual... still, that's a question for whether a decision like that would carry over...