Golems of amgarrak DLC help (has spoliers)

#1jrowell22Posted 8/11/2010 3:53:47 PM
I am confused. When you enter into Amgarrak, you get locked in. Eventually you find switches that use lirium to send you into the fade (I am guessing) and you are able to talk to the dwarf's brother (who joins your party). After that you clear out a couple of rooms and you find yourself near the beginning of the dungeon.

I am stuck there. I have touched (inter acted with) everything I can find (both in the fade and out) and have no clue how I am to progress further. Any help would be appreciated, as I am sure there's something simple I am overlooking. ><
---
PSN: Jason_Ralph
XBL: Jason Ralph
#2Demoskinos85Posted 8/11/2010 4:03:10 PM
You have to hit a switch that makes this blue "fog" appear run back to the dwarfs brother and you will recruit him. The switch should be pretty easy to find as you can only go so far ahead without using the switch.
---
They thought they could kill me... Keep me out... but they were wrong DEAD wrong!
#3chrisw100Posted 8/11/2010 4:48:15 PM

You have to make the game world the colour of the door you want to go through if that makes any sense - Blue, Pink, Green & Red. If done correct you should end up with the trophy for collecting the research notes. Hope that helps.

#4Represent-KGBPosted 8/11/2010 9:27:07 PM
I got stuck as well but using my pro rouge skills the red door blocking the way with double/quad switches

Find the Color switches on the door i think you click Yellow Pink White Blue then middle switch

Whatever order you do blue is last to turn the floor panel red it'll unlock the place update your codex and let you go on
#5masterZPosted 8/12/2010 5:48:44 AM
I only got this through trial and error. I think there are three kinds of colored switches you can hit before entering the big room with the red barrier door. The blue switch you hit first gives you access to a bunch of items, and unlocks another room that you can visit in normal color for more items. The purple switch (which you get in one of the rooms near the beginning) unlocks the big red-barrier room, but also unlocks a few other rooms, one of which contains a green switch for more items.

I'm not sure if there's a specific combination of switches you have to press to move ahead in the red-barrier room, but you have to look for Darion (the guy whose journal you've been finding scattered all over the place). He has the right combination to break the red barrier. I think the combo is random, but I'm not 100% sure.
#6jrowell22(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2010 9:14:05 AM
Thanks a ton for the tips. I unlocked it last night, and subsequently got the trophies. The biggest problem I had is I am color blind and found it really hard to see the color of the environment change. This is why I prefer my characters to be in all white-see the collector's edition armor or in my Arcane Mage's case the Sentinel Armor-it is all black.
---
PSN: Jason_Ralph
XBL: Jason Ralph
#7TylerDPosted 8/14/2010 12:36:43 PM

Represent-KGB posted...
I got stuck as well but using my pro rouge skills the red door blocking the way with double/quad switches Find the Color switches on the door i think you click Yellow Pink White Blue then middle switch Whatever order you do blue is last to turn the floor panel red it'll unlock the place update your codex and let you go on

Cheers m8. The yellow pink white blue totally helped. Was running in circles before you gave this combination/order

#8rhpsFNFPosted 8/14/2010 2:21:32 PM
The way the DLC ends, smacks of a possible sequel.

Not sure I want to spend money on a DLC sequel. Especially since this one was by far the shortest of all the DLCs to date and boring To boot. Leliana's Song was longer in playing time, then Amgarrak and had better equipment for your character to play with. Despite the fact that what Leliana says in Origins, completely contradicts the events that take place in the DLC. But at least it was more enjoyable and has more lasting value for your money.
---
Give yourself over, to absolute pleasure.
#9monsterlordPosted 8/15/2010 5:06:30 AM
Leliana's Song was longer in playing time, then Amgarrak and had better equipment for your character to play with. Despite the fact that what Leliana says in Origins, completely contradicts the events that take place in the DLC. But at least it was more enjoyable and has more lasting value for your money.

Leliana's Song is more expensive, and more story driven than Golems. This one was designed as a hardcore dungeon with very difficult enemies. They're two completely different beasts, and you shouldn't really compare them.

I'll admit, I was mildly disappointed that I actually completed it with only a few deaths, my character is hardly spectacular and I had to play the story on normal. Would've liked it if I physically couldn't complete it with him, to be honest.

---
Pitlord is not crap! >_>
Yes. I know I go >_> alot.
#10densetsu_xPosted 8/15/2010 9:39:33 AM
There is a bit of a difficulty jump if you play this on Hard or Nightmare compared to Normal, and you have to beat this at least on Hard in order to unlock the Mace. I mean, it is doable but I've seen the strategy needed to beat this on the easier levels (there really isn't any, straight forward attack works), but on the harder ones? Yeah, you have to be a little more creative.