Nightmare solo build

#1BgSoAPosted 10/3/2010 5:54:55 PM
What would be the best non Arcane Warrior solo build for a nightmare run? I've done it with a rogue in a party, but nothing else. I'll be taking it from Origins to Awakening, and stopping there. I have NONE of the DLCs if that effects anything.
---
after you do get used to it, you'll wonder why people play twitchy, imprecise crap like Call of Duty or Halo. - Some guy on the KZ2 board.
#2densetsu_xPosted 10/3/2010 7:34:16 PM
I'm sure Rip will come in with his 4 different non-mage builds, but personally, my easiest time was as a Stealth, Cunning, Grenade, Dual-Wielding Dagger Rogue. Stealth helps get you in position and out of really tight positions. Cunning because that's all anyone preaches with a Rogue. Grenade (Poisons in general) for some AoE damage and extra damage from poisons. Dual-Wielding Daggers because again, that's about all anyone preaches with a Rogue and it's much better than your Archery choice. Specializations would be Assassin/Bard (again, maximize those Cunning stats).

Yeah, it's pretty much the standard "most broken Rogue I can make" but it works best here too. It is harder in the beginning, but once you gain a couple of levels and get a few abilities, it should be relatively easy.
#3Nasada19Posted 10/3/2010 9:43:15 PM
^This or really any dex heavy character.
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
#4ripstrawberryPosted 10/3/2010 11:29:08 PM
What would be the best non Arcane Warrior solo build for a nightmare run? I've done it with a rogue in a party, but nothing else. I'll be taking it from Origins to Awakening, and stopping there. I have NONE of the DLCs if that effects anything.

Personally I'd recommend a noble dwarf 2H warrior specced as a champion and a templar since they're not as reliant on DLC gear and talents like a backstabbing rogue (though it is doable as densetsu stated). You could also just go w/ a spell-flinging mage build specced as a blood mage and spirit healer but I personally find that boring because you don't get to do any fatalities.

I'm sure Rip will come in with his 4 different non-mage builds, but personally, my easiest time was as a Stealth, Cunning, Grenade, Dual-Wielding Dagger Rogue. Stealth helps get you in position and out of really tight positions. Cunning because that's all anyone preaches with a Rogue. Grenade (Poisons in general) for some AoE damage and extra damage from poisons. Dual-Wielding Daggers because again, that's about all anyone preaches with a Rogue and it's much better than your Archery choice. Specializations would be Assassin/Bard (again, maximize those Cunning stats).

Wrong! XD

Wahaha!

I just came in w/ 2 and I really only advised 1! But yeah you're right. Stealth is a god-send in solos.

^This or really any dex heavy character.

This works better in awakening when accuracy is available though. Archers are godly in awakening

---
PUA: *whisper's in Rip's ear* Neg her. RIP: nag her?! PUA: *facepalm* XD
#5BgSoA(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2010 5:58:06 AM
Archers are godly in Awakening.

Tell me about it. Everyone remember that ONE elite rank Hurlock Sniper at the Turnoble Estate? Yeah, that son of a ***** seriously ****** my **** up.
---
after you do get used to it, you'll wonder why people play twitchy, imprecise crap like Call of Duty or Halo. - Some guy on the KZ2 board.
#6Joker50Posted 10/4/2010 10:36:14 AM
IMO, a dex-based sword and shield warrior.

42 strength, max dexterity.

You will do decent damage, but will be nearly unhittable by end-game.

You will also do decent bow damage if you need some ranged attacks (archdemon, broodmother, etc.).