Tank tactics

#1rewwPosted 11/29/2010 4:24:00 PM
Okay I'm not working very hard on my backstabbing rouge playthrough considering I just got to camp first time. Anyway I noticed that I was having issues with getting my tank to tank and getting my rouge around to backstab. So I am wondering what should I have be my first tactics for my tank. Currently #1 is attack target of controlled party member. This might be causing issues, because I'm always changing targets when trying to get behind something. My second one is now Taunt with at least 2 creatures clustered.

So any tips on how to fix this so I can safely leave my tank be while I sneak around to back stab?
---
Official Disgaea 1 Majin of the Makai Senki Disgaea 4 Board
#2catalyst637Posted 11/29/2010 4:49:23 PM
I think you should replace that tactic with "attack target of main character". Assuming your main character is a rogue, your tank should always be attacking the same enemy he/she is targeting. I didn't really use taunt much but I did use threaten.
#3reww(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2010 4:56:21 PM
instead of controlled character or instead of taunt? For the most part I'm hoping to just be able to control my rouge thought so switching from controlled to main shouldn't make much difference I wouldn't think.
---
#4Nasada19Posted 11/29/2010 5:21:58 PM
Don't get rid of taunt, it's probably the most useful talent a tank has. Set your Tank to use taunt if an enemy is targeting your or your healer. Honestly I don't think I've ever set any tactic to change who their attacking. As you level up your rogue more and get coup de grace and start relying on paralyzing and stunning to get backstabs you'll find yourself having to reposition less and less.
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
#5catalyst637Posted 11/29/2010 5:32:54 PM
Ok. If that's the case, then there really is little difference. Take Nasada19's advice. Just level up and gain skills to better your play style. There is an ability that allows you to flank and allow for easier backstabs as well as coup de grace, mentioned above.
#6reww(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2010 7:24:25 PM
Thanks. I'm surviving somewhat better although the demon at the end of wardens keep is giving me some grief. Didn't think the tier 3 requirements would be that high for the wardens armor. My poor little elf with 10 str. Am I going to get enough str items to throw it on? I'm not to worried about it. Yeah I'm looking forward to getting coup de grace.

Anyway, Thanks.
---
#7ripstrawberryPosted 11/30/2010 2:47:08 AM
Okay I'm not working very hard on my backstabbing rouge playthrough considering I just got to camp first time. Anyway I noticed that I was having issues with getting my tank to tank and getting my rouge around to backstab. So I am wondering what should I have be my first tactics for my tank. Currently #1 is attack target of controlled party member. This might be causing issues, because I'm always changing targets when trying to get behind something. My second one is now Taunt with at least 2 creatures clustered.

1st should be: enemy attacking main character->taunt. 2nd should be: enemy target of main character->an attack talent that stuns (shield pummel or mighty blow/critical strike + stunning blows). Other optional tactics after those 2 would be: enemy attacking main character-> CC attack talent (shield bash, overpower, pommel strike, two-handed sweep, punisher, frightening appearance, war cry + superiority or shattering shot).

So any tips on how to fix this so I can safely leave my tank be while I sneak around to back stab?

As mentioned once you have alot of sources for stuns/paralyzes and coup de crace you don't need to sneak around to backstab. You'll be frontstabbing alot. The is why 2H tanks make better tanks than WS tanks,

Thanks. I'm surviving somewhat better although the demon at the end of wardens keep is giving me some grief. Didn't think the tier 3 requirements would be that high for the wardens armor. My poor little elf with 10 str. Am I going to get enough str items to throw it on? I'm not to worried about it. Yeah I'm looking forward to getting coup de grace.

Yes you will. You'll get to equip it after you get all the str bonuses in the fade. Here's how you get to 26:

+4 fade bonus
+2 helm of honnleath (kill kitty)
+1 heart of witherfang (this ties you to killing witherfang)
+2 shadow of the empire (orzammar)
+1 barbarian mace (different shops and chest in korcari wilds)
+2 andruil's blessing (circle tower)
+2 key to the city (orzammar)
+2 harvest festival ring/ring of the warrior/lloyd's ring (honnleath/orzammar/redcliffe)

---
PUA: *whisper's in Rip's ear* Neg her. RIP: nag her?! PUA: *facepalm* XD
#8reww(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2010 2:52:23 PM
Ahh thanks for posts those locations. I knew where some of them came from, but didn't want to wiki the others yet.
---