Dragon Age Awakening Import Question

#1hs_kfmnPosted 1/27/2011 12:06:22 AM
So I picked up Dragon Age Origins a while back to prepare for when Dragon Age II comes out, I've just about beaten the main story mode in Origins, but I made a separate character in Awakening off to the side. Now, I know about the inability to import items from any DLC except Return to Ostagar, and I'm PAINFULLY aware that Starfang doesn't import, which leads me to my question.

A new warrior character created for Awakening has a 2-Hand sword equipped called Warden's Reach, is it possible for an imported character to acquire this weapon? Dragon Age Wiki says, "If a lower-level character is imported from Dragon Age: Origins, he will gain enough experience to reach level 18 and also receive the sword."

However, when I test-imported my level 18 warrior from Origins, he did not have it. Anyone know anything about this?
#2Nasada19Posted 1/27/2011 12:34:46 AM
I don't think so. Also I'd like to make you PAINFULLY aware that both that sword and Starfang are garbage swords and I have no clue why you would care about them when you get much better weapons both in Origins and far superior weapons in Awakening. Is it just about looks?
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
#3hs_kfmn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 12:46:58 AM
Oh, I agree that there are vastly superior items in Awakening, I kind of drooled when I saw Ser Alvard's Sword and The Mother's Chosen, but I'm talking about first starting out. I know I didn't replace my initial 2-hander (Warden's Reach) in my first Awakening game until I was rather far into it.

So perhaps my real question is, what 2-hand weapon should my warrior be imported with from Origins?

P.S. - based on general feelings on many Dragon Age forums, I would venture a guess to say that many people would disagree that Starfang is "garbage."
#4widget624Posted 1/27/2011 12:51:34 AM

So perhaps my real question is, what 2-hand weapon should my warrior be imported with from Origins?

Chasind Great Maul, it's the best two handed weapon in both Origins and Awakening

P.S. - based on general feelings on many Dragon Age forums, I would venture a guess to say that many people would disagree that Starfang is "garbage."

I wouldn't go as far as say it's garbage but in general mauls>greatswords. I think the fact that it's own special tier that makes people think it's greater then it is.
---
I type the above hoping you know what I'm talking about, 'cause I sure as hell don't.
#5Tyrael_Posted 1/27/2011 12:04:02 PM
As far as I recall I got some of the warden items when importing my level 25 character. Just to make sure I got some of the items I unequipped everything and when it loads up Awakening it will fully equip your character with armour and weapons.
#6ximausPosted 1/27/2011 2:56:26 PM
If your warden is unequipped Awakenings will equip them with the starting gear.
Just unequip at the end if you want it that badly.

Chasind Great Maul and Lifegiver are the two things I would say definitely import no matter what.
There's simply no substitute for them in Awakenings.
---
The cake was never a lie, it was just poisoned.
#7hs_kfmn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 6:12:25 PM
Just as an FYI, I stripped my warrior of all his gear and imported him naked, where he appeared naked with no new starting Awakening equipment.
#8Nash LatkjePosted 1/27/2011 6:55:36 PM
Get your game patched with the latest patch.
---
Wielder of the blades Weiss and Schwarz. Partner of Dominguez.
Yay
#9hs_kfmn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 6:58:06 PM
I'm not sure if I made it clear I'm on a PS3, games don't update unless you start them up and the system tells you there's an update.

My game (as far as I know) is as current as it's gonna get for the time being.
#10Tyrael_Posted 1/28/2011 10:17:17 AM
Just as an FYI, I stripped my warrior of all his gear and imported him naked, where he appeared naked with no new starting Awakening equipment.

That's really weird. I've done it at least 3 times now and every time I've got a full set of equipment.