Orson Scott Card writing Dragon Age comic

#1grassybootsPosted 10/6/2009 5:14:49 AM
Oh dear...

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/842/

It seems that EA has decided to enlist Orson Scott Card to write a comic for Dragon Age. Why go and ruin the game before it even comes out? I mean, it could make a good catbox liner, but eugh...

Thoughts?

---
And I shall cast Lv 1 Death on all the whiny losers and haters!!!
#2ShufflekensaiPosted 10/6/2009 5:52:42 AM
Cool, He is one of my favorite writers.
---
''The voice of a martyr cries much louder than the voice of a fool''-Unknown
#3Lord_XiaPosted 10/6/2009 6:13:19 AM
I love Orson Scott Card. Excellent writer. I might have to actually read comics again.
---
"Sigging yourself is the best way to make sure everyone knows how narcissistic you are." -Xiahou Dun
#4krol_gow_champPosted 10/6/2009 6:30:23 AM
Im gonna have to buy these, lets hope they will come to Europe too.
#5ShokkuPosted 10/6/2009 7:43:46 AM
Its pretty annoying everyone keeps ignoring the fact he's a homophobic nutcase :(
---
Winter is coming.
#6OhYouFoolPosted 10/6/2009 7:49:35 AM
LOL, we still have people who think that personal views get reflected into writing? BAH!

OSC is at least smart enough to avoid such stuff. Yes, there are PLENTY of other pieces of work not limited to just novels where the writer/director's personal views are reflected into the work itself, but OSC manages to avoid that IMHO.

It's not like he had a bunch of homosexuals killed off in a violent storm of gunfire in Empire, right?

I bet EA made this choice because not only is he a well known writer, but the success of Shadow Complex probably led to his name being known a bit more so it seemed like a good choice.

...Or EA knows a good writer when they see one and asked him to help write.

Here's hopes though that we're looking at a GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES and not an issue by issue comic. It'd be nice if I didn't have to take such delicate care of these things and at least a volume paperback is more durable that a flimsy paper comic.
---
Gamertag in Profile/Currently Playing: FFCC:MLaaDL, RB 2, MP Trilogy, Muramasa/Next to Play: Brutal Legend, Borderlands, Dragon Age: Origins, ModWar2, L4D2
#7some09guy IIPosted 10/6/2009 10:07:23 AM
Meh. Very overrated writer, in my opinion. Did not like the Ender series. However I have heard some good things about Ultimate Iron Man.