Need Help! Cant beat the Ogre in the Tower of Ishal!

#1jus4096Posted 10/31/2009 1:23:55 AM
Im playing as a Human Warrior and when I reached the part with the ogre I have only 5 potions left which is not enough for my entire party.

I tried many tactics such as hit and run or overpowering him, but nothing works

btw. Im playing on the default normal difficulty setting
#2KermadecPosted 10/31/2009 1:34:20 AM
You need to cast a spell?
#3BDJaycePosted 10/31/2009 1:38:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Juvart24Posted 10/31/2009 1:46:31 AM
bring more potions or get a healer?
---
Yes. I know I'm sexy.
GT: Juvart24
#5UnshoPosted 10/31/2009 2:19:35 AM
I just stunned him whenever I could using my rouge, coupled with a few backstabs here and there.

I kept him focused on my tank who used the potions and kept the group spread out.
---
Currently:
Dragon Age: Origins - Level 5 Elf Rouge
#6FailbaddonPosted 10/31/2009 5:43:26 AM
It's a pretty straightforward fight, so there's not all that much advice I can give. But I'll try.

Depending on your Warrior build, you may not be the best tank; chances are Alistair is better with his sword/shield combo. Whoever tanks, make sure Threaten is active, and possibly throw on another Shield ability if you have it by that point in the game.

Since you're a warrior, you're gonna have a Circle Mage in your party. Not much to say here except throw every single spell you have at the Ogre and keep him out of the way. Since you're playing on normal difficulty, friendly fire isn't really an issue, so just spam as fast as you can. As for Flaming Weapons, I don't think it makes all that much of a difference this early in the game, so feel free to turn that off if you prefer to have extra mana to fire off an extra spell or 2.

If somebody gets grabbed, use a knockdown ability like Shield Bash or Pommel Strike to free them. This doesn't always work though, since the Ogre has high Physical Resistance, so be careful when you use it.

Get the HELL out of the way when the Ogre does Ram or the ground pound (forgot the proper name).
The ground pound is an AOE stun that can pretty much end the fight right there.