Gauntlet bridge puzzle

#1locklearPosted 11/7/2009 6:53:58 PM
Ok, I hate this kind of crap in RPGs. Tooling along, enjoying the plot, then a blatant puzzle, of the sort you might find made of plastic at a dollar store. It's a glorified slide puzzle. I have no fun with them, and I'm lousy at them. Anyone mind providing the solution before I relegate Dragon's Age to the trash for immersion annihilation? I'd been enjoying it up to now.
---
"I dreamt I saw a moocow/ Jump across the moon/ Just a flight of fancy/ Zoom, zoom, zoom." -- Moloko, "Fun for me."
#2Solusx2Posted 11/7/2009 6:55:10 PM
It took me 1 min to figure out. It's not hard...

Just keep moving your party members to tiles that make the bridge appear & light up.
#3XShadowStrike99Posted 11/7/2009 6:55:26 PM

Move 2 or 3 characters around the stones until they make a solid brick to step on. Repeat this process until you formed a whole solid bridge for your party to walk on.
---
Hey Baby, here's that song you wanted
#4SepticFleshPosted 11/7/2009 6:55:53 PM
The puzzles in this game are really easy. The riddles are even easier.
---
Eternity shall be spent like this. Beneath silent faces my corpse weeps quietly.
#5locklear(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2009 6:58:08 PM
Unhelpful. I know what the goal is, and I realize that putting characters on different blocks results in different parts being solid. After two hours, I'm not interested in further trial and error, thanks. I'm glad it wasn't hard for you two. Puzzles are not my forte, and they aren't fun. I'm not interested in "try more."
---
"I dreamt I saw a moocow/ Jump across the moon/ Just a flight of fancy/ Zoom, zoom, zoom." -- Moloko, "Fun for me."
#6XShadowStrike99Posted 11/7/2009 6:59:47 PM
Shame that you can't figure out something an 8 year old would be able to.
---
Hey Baby, here's that song you wanted
#7Vaulttech101Posted 11/7/2009 7:00:51 PM
http://mycheats.1up.com/view/section/2019479/27859/dragon_age_origins/pc

there's screenshots of the solution towards the bottom of the Sacred Urn page...

and, if you couldn't figure that puzzle out... wow.... just.... wow.
---
"On 9/11 I was pissed because when I got home from school 9/11 footage was on T.V. instead of Roseanne." - SteamingFeces
#8SepticFleshPosted 11/7/2009 7:01:50 PM
No offense, but all you have to do is:

-leave at least one character free to walk across the bridge
-have the others walk around until the bridge lights up. There are two "stages" that it has to light up. The first stage is kind of opaque while the second stage is solid. Keep walking around until the whole bridge is solid.
-have one person walk across.
---
Eternity shall be spent like this. Beneath silent faces my corpse weeps quietly.
#9locklear(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2009 7:02:41 PM
It is, isn't it? Lucky for me reality doesn't actually contain such rubbish puzzles, and I'm able to get on quite well. Nonetheless, I'm not asking for commentary on the puzzle's difficulty.
---
#10dave22222Posted 11/7/2009 7:03:34 PM
Perhaps you should play something simpler, like tetris.