Mage armor

#1rag_33Posted 11/7/2009 11:57:02 PM
this game seems to be lacking a place to buy decent mage robes. ive been stuck for half the game now with this robe i took of this dead blood mage chick so now ever one thinks im a cross dresser and they don't believe me when I say this is the only good robe i can find.(poeple watching me play the game)
#2zzenigmaxzzPosted 11/8/2009 12:03:14 AM
go to the wonders of thedas in denerim and you will find some decent robes

---
Currently playing: Dragon Age: Origins
Xbox Live Gamertag : ZZenigmaxZZ
#3Another_DenshuuPosted 11/8/2009 10:07:59 AM
There's a bunch of good stuff int he Denerim shop. I just bought Reaper's Vestments:
+6 Constitution
+20% fire resistance
+16% spell resistance
+10% chance to dodge attacks
+12 armor

Awesome.
---
Duckets.
#4zzenigmaxzzPosted 11/8/2009 10:13:40 AM
yeah i think the reapers vestments is the best one, thats what i have equipped on my mage

---
#5blayt7hhPosted 11/8/2009 10:14:37 AM

Yeah lol I found the wonders shop yesterday when I was level 13, and for the first time put on a new pair of robes since the Origin story

#6ThePeopleShowPosted 11/8/2009 10:23:26 AM
The Reaper's Vestaments Cost like 97gold and need a crapload of magic to use, so they are not a very good choice early. I would personally suggest becoming an Arcane Mage because it lets you use Magic as Strength when equipping gear. It opens up alot of possibilities and allows for a Melee fighting mage. My lvl 16 mage is maxed in Arcane and Spirit Healer, with side talents all pretty much in healing abilities. I hit 75's with a one hand mace(Regular White Damage)+ 17 fire damage from my Fire Weapon Aura + 12 Lightning Damage from two +6 Electricity runes. So all in all my hits are around 100 damage each. If you talent right a mage can "tank" as well or better than any other class due to all of the buffs you can stack on yourself.
#7zzenigmaxzzPosted 11/8/2009 10:25:40 AM
the problem with putting on heavy armor is the fatigue issues .. i like keeping my mage in robes and out of the way .. let alistair and shale tank :D

---
#8DaivrielPosted 11/8/2009 10:33:37 AM
Are there any that look good? I only have Morrigan as a mage and I kept her in her robes for the longest time because they looked the best. I now have her in Dalish armor and a funny looking mage cap.
---
GamerTag: RuneWraithe
Currently Playing: Mass Effect, Brutal Legend, Dragon Age: Origins
#9zzenigmaxzzPosted 11/8/2009 10:35:01 AM
when you do her character quest (SPOILER BELOW)

if you chose to kill flemeth you get her key and inside is a nice robe for her that looks just like her original robe

---