Why wont the fountain puzzel work? Lower ruins.

#1PyjamasfunkPosted 11/8/2009 5:30:07 AM
Ok, here I am checking EVERYWHERE about this stupid puzzle. And ive tried EVERYTHING:

take jug
fill jug
place it on altar
pray
drink
take jug
pour it out in the original pool

BUT, when i pray, its just boils and turns into gas.

WHY? Please help. I read something about a stone tablet explaining the quest, must i have this first? Where do i find it?
#2Pyjamasfunk(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2009 5:44:56 AM
Hey come on, anyone?
#3woodsc24Posted 11/8/2009 6:00:48 AM
Happened to me to so I just gave up and moved on.
---
Gamertag- woodsc21
Awaiting - Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2, Alpha Protocol, New Stone Sour CD, Next Stone Sour Tour
#4xXDaedalusXxPosted 11/8/2009 6:03:33 AM
There is a codex that tells you how to do it as well. You can find it somewhere in the lower ruins. Not sure exactly where. I did the following and it worked.

Take Jug
Fill Jug
Pray at the altar
Put jug on altar
Take 1 sip from the jug
Remove Jug from altar
Pour it in the pool
#5Pyjamasfunk(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2009 6:06:39 AM
Well, the game is screwed for me then cause it doesnt work. Just starts to boil when i kneel and pray. God I hate bugs
#6DiJinda87Posted 11/8/2009 6:06:44 AM
I love these topics.
---
Yeah. Right. When was the last time the wind said hostiles to you?
#7DredWulfPosted 11/8/2009 6:52:37 AM

It's not a bug I had the same issue but you need another component to the puzzle that you're all forgetting the room north of the fountain where you saw the little boy there's a secret room with a sarcophogus to get an elven tablet. get that first.

Then solve puzzle accordingly remember final step is sip water after prayer then return it to the pool you get the juggernaut plate which is good stuff.