The Backpack Locations

#1veronicablushesPosted 11/9/2009 12:48:47 PM
I read the other topics with the word "backpack" in the title and found where one person listed 4 locations. I grabbed those and I found another along the way. Now I'm at 120 slots and I think it's still really early in the game.

1 Ostragar - Before you become a Grey Warden
2 Ostragar - After you become a Grey Warden
3 Party Camp - Bodahn's Wares - first time leaving Lothering
4 Party Camp - Bodahn's Wares - after the Dalish/Werewolves
5 Circle Tower - Quartermaster

4&5 - Right after you finish the Werewolf thing, go to your Party Camp and you'll be able to buy another Backpack upgrade. Then go directly to Lake Calenhad Docks (take the time to speak with everyone there of course), take the boat, you'll talk to Greagoir, then speak with Quartermaster in the back left of the room to buy another.

120 seems like a lot of slots to have. Is that all of them, or should I keep checking Bodahn's Wares between every major quest?
#2OgesMCPosted 11/9/2009 12:49:35 PM
I missed both of them in ostagar damn.
---
35 Lightnin'
#3bfgamerPosted 11/9/2009 12:52:54 PM
I just got one in the elf camp
---
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20071112
#4Yami HeliosPosted 11/9/2009 12:54:19 PM
I missed both of Ostagar's too. Damnit. Guess I'll have to get them when I make a Mage.
#5veronicablushes(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2009 1:59:54 PM

I just got one in the elf camp

There's one in the Dalish Camp? When can you get it, from whom, and are there any conditions?
#6Angel_GaidinPosted 11/9/2009 3:40:55 PM
this deserves a bump
---
I am hxc osm
Do not look away from... The Nozzle.
#7veronicablushes(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2009 8:38:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8veronicablushes(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2009 1:42:41 AM
Updates from playing, googling, and reading through a few other game forums:

1 Ostragar - Before you become a Grey Warden
2 Ostragar - After you become a Grey Warden
3 Lothering - Use Persuade on the argumentative merchant
4 Party Camp - Bodahn's Wares - first time leaving Lothering
5 Party Camp - Bodahn's Wares - after the Dalish/Werewolves
6 Circle Tower - Quartermaster

7 Dalish Camp - Varathornís Goods - ?when?
8 Denerim Market - From Gorim after the Landsmeet
9 Orzammar - ???

3,7,8,9 - I have not personally verified these.

5&6 - Right after you finish the Werewolf thing, go to your Party Camp and you'll be able to buy another Backpack upgrade. Then go directly to Lake Calenhad Docks (take the time to speak with everyone there of course), take the boat, you'll talk to Greagoir, then speak with Quartermaster in the back left of the room to buy another.

7 - I completed all of the werewolf stuff, even did the grave collecting, and I've checked with Varathorn several times. I completed Redcliffe. Still nothing. Varathorn has a "!" symbol over him, but no dialog options that lead to any resolution. However, he setup some crates and a has a guy posed at my Party Camp location where he's accepting donations of various specific items. A maximum amount is not specified but maybe when I fill that he will sell a Backpack to me.

? - Redcliffe Village - Owen
I made every opportunity to speak with this man and he never had a Backpack. But I did not find his daughter (she's on the 2nd floor). I don't know if he would've had a Backpack if I had been able to locate her.
#9sloth_of_doomPosted 11/10/2009 1:51:01 AM
I've done the ironbark quest, sided with the elves in the main quest, donated nothing, and he's selling a backpack, I'm just prior to the landsmeet, done all the ally quests and I have to go to talk to eamon if that helps you pinpoint it at all
#10Liquid_capsulePosted 11/10/2009 2:02:55 AM
NIce list, I missed the early backpacks too, and I don't even think I had enough money anyway.

Anyway, I'd like to find out what the maximum inventory space is, though since getting space for 110 or so I haven't run out of room.