Topsider's Blade Problems

#1Ashisogi_jizoPosted 11/12/2009 11:35:10 AM
I have been searching Dead Trenches for ages now trying to find the 3rd piece to topsider's honor (the blade of the sword). I have killed everything in here, have exited and re-entered and researched the place a few times now, and I have completely searched the place many times using the left trigger trick to view all intractable objects around me and I still have no found the blade.

Am I missing something? Are there any tips anyone can give me?
#2zzenigmaxzzPosted 11/12/2009 11:36:42 AM
im not 100% sure its in the dead trenches .. i know that you get it from a darkspawn that will only show up if you have the other 2 pieces ... since you have them i would go through the 2 thaigs again as well and see if you have any luck there

---
Currently playing: Dragon Age: Origins
Xbox Live Gamertag : ZZenigmaxZZ
#3Ashisogi_jizo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2009 11:39:36 AM
I already re-ran through Ortan Thaig once because I had to make a second stop at the Asunder quest altar for one of the mage quests, and I didn't see it in there. Could the darkspawn possibly spawn in Caridin's Cross or Aeducan Thaig? Everything I've heard about the blade says it is in Dead Trenches however
#4zzenigmaxzzPosted 11/12/2009 11:41:38 AM
all i know was when i was running through a narrow cave i had a darkspawn there that wasnt there before and he dropped the blade but i cant remember where it was

---
Currently playing: Dragon Age: Origins
Xbox Live Gamertag : ZZenigmaxZZ
#5Ashisogi_jizo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2009 11:43:27 AM
Okay thanks I'll take your advice and check the other areas then
#6TiruasXBLPosted 11/12/2009 11:48:59 AM

sorry to hear you having such trouble with this quest...

i got topsider's honor in 1 sweep and i never had to back track to any previous thaigs,

i would assume it is in deep trenches, but as stated he only spawns when you have the other 2 pieces,

when i sweep an area i'm very thorough & don't miss much at all.

i would suggest when you re-sweep the deep trench area, pretend as though you are actually in this dungeon and keep your right hand in contact with the right wall at all times, this will eventually lead you through all areas of the dungeon, particularly if you skip any exits along the way. if there are areas in the middle that you don't cover in this manner, use your map to pick an appropriate wall & then sweep along that wall until you find him.

be thorough & you'll get it

#7OniMibuPosted 11/12/2009 11:49:22 AM
- Topsider's Hilt on the Genlock Emissary in south cave corridor of Caridin's Cross
- Topsider's Pommel in a vase in Rusk's cave
- Examine the Warrior's Grave in the beginning of Ortan Thaig
- Topsider's Blade on an ancient darkspawn in southcentral Dead Trenches
- Return to Warrior's Grave
---
~Gamertag~
Temp3rMental
#8Ashisogi_jizo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2009 11:53:32 AM
Hm..i missed the warrior's grave, maybe that is the problem..I had no quest telling me to go to the grave, and I guess i missed it while going through ortan thaig in the first place. Perhaps that is why the enemy carrying the blade won't spawn for me yet. I'll check it out, thanks+
#9Ashisogi_jizo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2009 12:13:01 PM
Missing the grave was the problem, thanks. Hopefully this topic helps others who have the same problem