Orzammar: Choosing Sides (Spoilers)

#1ParableBaelPosted 11/20/2009 10:04:04 AM
Okay. I talked to the H guy-king-prospect, and said I would be his champion. Then I talked to Bhelen's representative and said I would do his dirty work. But I felt like fighting in the Proving, so afterwards Bhelen's rep was mad, so i told him my plan was to be a double agent. Is there a way to choose to back neither, or who, in your opinions, makes the better king?
---
Do, or do not. There is no "try."
#2zeroboboPosted 11/20/2009 10:05:40 AM
well do you want a nice guy as kign or a jerk?
harrowmont is the nice guy
bhelen is the jerk

thats about as spoiler free as i can get it :D
#3Lord_XiaPosted 11/20/2009 10:08:48 AM
No matter who you side with in the beginning, you will have the choice to change that at the very end of the quest line. So if you want to do the Harromont side for the Proving, you can and then at the very end of the quest, put Bhelen on the throne.
---
"Sigging yourself is the best way to make sure everyone knows how narcissistic you are." -Xiahou Dun
#4MattventoPosted 11/20/2009 10:09:21 AM
Neither one seemed really great to me. I wanted to make myself King, since I was a dwarf commoner, but that wasn't an option, even though (Minor spoilers)

if you play it a certain way you do get to pick the king.

(End minor spoilers)

You can play both sides for a while, but eventually you have to choose. It's obvious when you have to. I picked Harrowmont, because he seemed a little better.

(Dwarf Commoner Spoilers)

If you're a dwarf commoner, and pick Harrowmont, then your sister won't speak to you anymore, since you end up killing Bhelen.
#5PsyKattyPosted 11/20/2009 10:09:51 AM
SMALL END GAME SPOILERS

Harrowmont is the nice guy, Bhelen is a jerk. But at the end of the game, you'll see a little synopsis of how their leadership handled. Harrowmont fails if you choose him, Bhelen succeeds. Kind of makes it a tough choice.

---
XBL Gamertag: KittenHoarder
#6ParableBael(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2009 10:13:18 AM
Thanks. I wanted to do all quest lines and be a double-crosser (it is my MC's nature). So I can and not choose til the end. Good to know.
---
Do, or do not. There is no "try."
#7Jabroni2000Posted 11/20/2009 10:36:08 AM
It kind of sucks that if you are a dwarven noble you can't pick yourself.
---
XBL: HardGoodbye88