Rescue the Queen (spoilers)

#1BrackiePosted 11/20/2009 4:12:53 PM
Is it me or is the fight where the guards capture you when the queen double crosses you stupidly hard??? Am I suppossed to die no matter what difficulty level? Is it all part of the plot?"
#2KirbysuksPosted 11/20/2009 4:13:39 PM
If you die, you just get captured and party members have to rescue you and Alistair.
---
I wont kill you, but i dont have to save you
#30Swordsman0Posted 11/20/2009 4:14:14 PM
Yes you are meant to lose its part of the plot because you go to prison and can choose 2 characters to come rescue. Its the writers personal favorite part of the game. They loved writing the dialogue for that part. I reccommend sending Sten and Ohgren I like their dialogue best.
---
Signatures are pointless.
#4beans_pleasePosted 11/20/2009 4:15:21 PM
You CAN win the fight though, it is a huge pain in the *** to do so. If you win you get to leave and stuff without going to prison
#5Brackie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2009 4:15:27 PM
Can you actually beat them though or will you die no matter what?
#6ByufPosted 11/20/2009 4:15:28 PM

Brackie posted...
Is it me or is the fight where the guards capture you when the queen double crosses you stupidly hard??? Am I suppossed to die no matter what difficulty level? Is it all part of the plot?"

Beaten it on normal with my rogue and hard with my mage (AW, hax!) ... of course, its stacked against you for a reason, it is more interesting to get captured. But part of me just hates losing a fight...

#7DarktylPosted 11/20/2009 4:32:47 PM
If you win, do you get any good loot? If not, I don't care then.
---
Caine: They'll kick my ass out there!
God: S'all good. They mess with you, they mess with me. And they wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
#847Oblivion47Posted 11/20/2009 5:54:33 PM
You can get the sword she uses but....

***SPOILERS***

If you don't kill her now you will have to do so later anyway and can loot the sword then.

---
thank you for submitting your opinion. someone will be along to care when they get the time. - om3rta
#9Tetsuya-SanPosted 11/20/2009 6:14:12 PM
Trust me, you can win the fight.

You could run all the way down the hallway. Only that woman and those melee guards should be the ones chasing after you, the archers and mage stay in the room. It's much easier that way.
#10PantheraPosted 11/20/2009 6:19:52 PM
You can get the sword she uses but....

***SPOILERS***

If you don't kill her now you will have to do so later anyway and can loot the sword then.

Not necessarily; when she shows up to stop you before the Landsmeet, you can talk her into not fighting. You're never obligated to actually kill her.
---
1 line break(s), 121 characters allowed