Best Armor/Weapons as a "Tank" Arcane Warrior?

#1Chronic_ApathyPosted 11/23/2009 4:57:03 PM
I'm playing an Arcane Warrior that's the standard auto-hit tank. What are the best weapons and armor for a character like this? Anything better than Spellweaver?
---
Xeno_Predator: Liara meant all the sand in her head tentacles <_<
Jumpman_8891: Hawt.
#2Nasada19Posted 11/23/2009 4:59:06 PM
Starfang or Keening Blade + Fade Wall shield. I use Juggernaut armor, but that was mostly out of convienence. Wade's High Dragon armor is probably a good choice too.
---
I hate Persona 4
#3Chronic_Apathy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2009 5:00:15 PM
Isn't Starfang Warden's Keep DLC?
---
Xeno_Predator: Liara meant all the sand in her head tentacles <_<
Jumpman_8891: Hawt.
#4Nasada19Posted 11/23/2009 5:04:25 PM
Yep. You can get it after a random encounter after clearing Warden's Keep. It's a nice looking sword.
---
I hate Persona 4
#5StuflamesPosted 11/23/2009 5:10:48 PM
The guide mentions a sword called Spellweaver as the best option. Dunno the truth of this.
---
Robots are not to be trusted. -Murderface
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock
#6hauntbotPosted 11/23/2009 5:11:54 PM
Starfang or Keening Blade + Fade Wall shield. I use Juggernaut armor, but that was mostly out of convienence. Wade's High Dragon armor is probably a good choice too.

err.....sounds like someone missed the arcane in the topic title.

starfang with the dlc, the adub-specific sword without it (dont recall the name)

imo mythals blessing is great for the shield- no shield has very good stats, and you dont need raw defense anyways. the +1% crit chance is handy if not amazing, and the +15% to healing effects is really nice, since as an adub your insane magic stat means that even lesser healing pots are a great source of healing, and this affects the healing wave from spirit healer too.
---
NO! **** YOU INTERNET! YOU RUINED MY INNOCENCE!- gigasmoose
~The Black Boardsman & Hundred Topic Slayer~ Viva El Noobie!
#7hauntbotPosted 11/23/2009 5:15:54 PM
The guide mentions a sword called Spellweaver as the best option. Dunno the truth of this.

thats it. if you cant get starfang, thats your best choice. (it also arguably edges out starfang for more multipurpose adubs, since it grants +5 magic. but for raw damage on a sustainable auto-attackey, tankey adub starfang is tops)
---
NO! **** YOU INTERNET! YOU RUINED MY INNOCENCE!- gigasmoose
~The Black Boardsman & Hundred Topic Slayer~ Viva El Noobie!
#8Nasada19Posted 11/23/2009 5:17:54 PM
err.....sounds like someone missed the arcane in the topic title.

Err... no? I have an Arcane Warrior. On my Arcane Warrior I currently have equipped Juggernaut armor, Starfang, a crappy shield that will get replaced with the Fade Wall as there are very few decent shields in the game. I heard that Starfang and Keening Blade are the best 1 hand swords, and he already has the AW-only sword. I really don't see how your post contradicted mine.
---
I hate Persona 4
#9StuflamesPosted 11/23/2009 5:18:09 PM
Who's this Adub fellow?
; ) I get the meaning of course but what's it come from?
---
Robots are not to be trusted. -Murderface
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock
#10Linkmaster2k3Posted 11/23/2009 5:18:43 PM
Long Sword: Spellweaver (Silverite) + 5 Magic, +1.0 Combat Mana Regen, +10% Chance to
Ignore Hostile Magic (found on a cultist overseer in the cave during the ashes quest)

Boots: Imperial Weavers (All Leathers) + 10% Chance to Dodge Attacks (bought off the dwarven merchant at your camp)

Chest: Reaper's Vestments +6 Constitution, +20 Fire Res, 16% chance to Ignore Hostile Magic,
+10% Chance to Dodge Attacks (magic shop in denerim market place)

Gloves: Ancient Elven Gloves (Veridium) +2 Armor, +8% Chance to Ignore Hostile Magic
(a lot of people are unsure of where to obtain these, but I just found them in a chest in the cave during ashes quest just before entering wyrmling lair)

Helmet: First Enchanter's Cowl +4% Chance to Ignore Hostile Magic, +10% Chance to Dodge
Attacks (no idea, I havn't found it yet)

Shield: Havard's Aegis (Yew Wood) +4% Chance to Ignore Hostile Magic, +5 Defense Against
Missiles (ogre boss at the top of the tower during the ostagar battle)

Amulet: Spellward +30% Chance to Ignore Hostile Magic, +10% Chance to Dodge attack (dwarven merchant at your camp)

Belt: Andruil's Blessing +2 to All Attributes, +20 Nature Resistances, +1.0 Combat Mana Regen,
+1.0 Combat Stamina Regen, +10 Physical Res. (circle of magi tower quarter master)

Ring: Key to the City +2 All Attributes, 4% Chance to Ignore Hostile Magic (find all the codex's in Orzammar, you need to start to quest to assist Harromont to get access to the one in the proving area, then loot it from the chest in the area where the council is being held)

Ring: Lifegiver: +10 Constitution, +6 Health Regen in Combat, +10 Health Regen while exploring, +3 Armor, +20% to healing effects received (one of the orzammar merchants)

This set has more avoidance and less fatigue than if you were wearing a massive armor set.
---
XBL gamertags:
Tamachan69 / NerfPaladins06 / OfficerChillin