Whats the best way to build a two handed warrior?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Whats the best way to build a two handed warrior?
5 years ago#1
I was thinking about having a build similar to that of my dual wield warrior, as she was monstrously efficient and pretty much styled on anything that tried walking in her presence. So I figured getting around 32 strength or so, ASAP, then start going heavy into dex, and shell the rest out in Con and Will after. Not sure if that's the best way to go though. Anyone have any suggestions?

---
There's no point in living if you can't feel alive.
PSN: MrGSP\MGO: R.I.P((The Answer))/R.I.P ZeraseClan:(FFC)
5 years ago#2
two handed warrior is most likey going to be a damager yes?

Get strength up to 38 at least, wear heavy armor, not massive.

Overall your strength should be at least 60, most likely higher. Dexterity, about 30, Constitution 15-20, willpower 15-20. You MUST have a tank to draw the aggro away from you, otherwise you die quick.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: rogerdoger70
5 years ago#3
You're going to want to stack cunning and get some magic too.
5 years ago#4
Thanks Roger, and to drig, na, no magic, thanks, lol. But that cunning will come from the Tower of Magi anyways. If anyone else has any say in the matter, it'd be appreciated.

---
5 years ago#5
u want to take strength higher then that. with the right armor u'll be good on everything else anyway.

i think i had around 60 strength when i was done
5 years ago#6
and u can wear massive armor.

with wades boneplate your fatigue only ends up bein around 30 and with enough items and buffs its not even noticable
5 years ago#7
Gotcha. Thanks for the help ya'll.

---
5 years ago#8
You're going to want to stack cunning and get some magic too.

Wtf are you smoking? Why would a warrior need cunning and magic? The only excuse is cunning for Persuasion, and you can get that in the Tower of Magi.

Roger probably had the best advice. So long as you have a good tank, you should be golden with that. I suggest the Armor of Diligence set if you want Heavy Armor:
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_of_Diligence

Good armor rating for a Heavy Armor (those bonuses are awesome) and it conserves your stamina.
5 years ago#9
I went 42 strength for the best armour.
I put a little into constitution, but not much as my tank took all the hits.
The rest in dexterity.

Then berserker and templar.

I killed everything, got about 60% party damage.
---
Not changing this sig until Obama's bigoted behind is removed from the
white house. 30/4/09
5 years ago#10
Just stack Strength, at all times. Dex should be kept at 20 or so. Stack Strength every level, don't worry about Con or Willpower.

Starfang+Warden Commander armor.

Berserker/Champion for dps/cc.

---
Snrk
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Whats the best way to build a two handed warrior?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived