Unable To Link Xbox Live Gamertag To EA Account

#1burgs19Posted 12/1/2009 3:42:51 AM
I bought this game yesterday and with it came a card with 2 DLC codes on, one for some armour and one for an extra quest i believe. However on the main menu i always get "cannot connect to dragon age servers, please try again later" which means it won't actually allow me to redeem my DLC codes as i need to be connected to the servers to redeem them by the looks of it. Anyone else had this problem?
I have read on this forum that you need an EA account to be able to connect to the servers so i created an EA account yesterday but still couldn't connect to the servers and there was no where on the game to log in to my EA account. I then found out that i need to link my EA account with my xbox live account which is done on EA's website. I know how to do this but everytime i do, an error message comes up basically saying that it can't find information about my gamertag. Any one else had this problem? I am definitely putting my gamertag in right so it can't be because of that.
Anyone know how to resolve these issues so that i can connect to the servers and download my free DLC's that came with the game?
#2FancyButtsPosted 12/1/2009 3:46:46 AM
The servers are down for the night, theory is that they're putting in the The Edge DLC (And I'm hoping Return to Ostagar) try again later/in the morning.
---
If my words offend you, get off the internet.
#3burgs19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2009 3:55:32 AM
OK thanks, well i will try again later then when i finish work and hopefully i will be able to connect to the servers then.
Do you know why i can't link my xbox gamertag to my ea account on ea's site though?
#4FancyButtsPosted 12/1/2009 3:56:43 AM
http://social.bioware.com/user_home.php try here? This is where I went.
---
If my words offend you, get off the internet.
#5burgs19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2009 4:11:51 AM
I logged in to this site yesterday and even registered my game on it and have received an email confirming my game has been registered. I can not see any where on this site to link my xbox live gamertag to my account and still can't link it on EA's site either.
#6burgs19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2009 2:18:39 AM
I still can not log in to the servers on the main menu. I still get the same error as a few days which is something like "cannot connect to servers at the moment, please try again later".
Are they still down because of the edge DLC?