Unable To Link Xbox Live Gamertag To EA Account

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Unable To Link Xbox Live Gamertag To EA Account
6 years ago#1
I bought this game yesterday and with it came a card with 2 DLC codes on, one for some armour and one for an extra quest i believe. However on the main menu i always get "cannot connect to dragon age servers, please try again later" which means it won't actually allow me to redeem my DLC codes as i need to be connected to the servers to redeem them by the looks of it. Anyone else had this problem?
I have read on this forum that you need an EA account to be able to connect to the servers so i created an EA account yesterday but still couldn't connect to the servers and there was no where on the game to log in to my EA account. I then found out that i need to link my EA account with my xbox live account which is done on EA's website. I know how to do this but everytime i do, an error message comes up basically saying that it can't find information about my gamertag. Any one else had this problem? I am definitely putting my gamertag in right so it can't be because of that.
Anyone know how to resolve these issues so that i can connect to the servers and download my free DLC's that came with the game?
6 years ago#2
The servers are down for the night, theory is that they're putting in the The Edge DLC (And I'm hoping Return to Ostagar) try again later/in the morning.
---
If my words offend you, get off the internet.
6 years ago#3
OK thanks, well i will try again later then when i finish work and hopefully i will be able to connect to the servers then.
Do you know why i can't link my xbox gamertag to my ea account on ea's site though?
6 years ago#4
http://social.bioware.com/user_home.php try here? This is where I went.
---
If my words offend you, get off the internet.
6 years ago#5
I logged in to this site yesterday and even registered my game on it and have received an email confirming my game has been registered. I can not see any where on this site to link my xbox live gamertag to my account and still can't link it on EA's site either.
6 years ago#6
I still can not log in to the servers on the main menu. I still get the same error as a few days which is something like "cannot connect to servers at the moment, please try again later".
Are they still down because of the edge DLC?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Unable To Link Xbox Live Gamertag To EA Account

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived