Unable To Connected To Dragon Age Origins Servers

#1burgs19Posted 12/4/2009 3:47:59 AM
Right i have finally managed to link my EA account to my gamer tag - i had to use EA's online chat support to get them to link it for me. However when i am on the main menu i still can not connect to the servers. An error message comes up something like "cannot connect to the servers at this time, please try again later". Does anyone know why this is?
I really want to connect to the servers as soon as possible so that i can download my DLC's that came free with the game.
#2burgs19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2009 4:28:56 AM
bump, would really appreciate peoples help on this. Are other people able to connect to the servers at the moment or is it unavailable to everyone?
#3ScrapperPosted 12/4/2009 6:04:01 AM
I've tried the ea site and the bioware site to try to link my gamertag and it keeps saying the information is invalid but ea's chat support keeps telling me it is working fine and it is linked, I just can't see it. o.O

Must be one of the mysteries of the Dragon Age universe I have yet to solve.
#4burgs19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2009 8:32:32 AM
that sounds like the error message i was getting when i tried linking my account myself. Once i got on the online chat support and asked the EA support guy to link my accounts for me, it came up on the site (once i logged out and in again) straight away saying that they were linked. However i still can not connect to the servers anyway so was a bit of a waste of time really.
Anyone else had this problem once they have linked their accounts and if so have you manged to resolve it since then and how if you have?
It is really frustrating how hard it is do the download the free DLC's. It is almost like EA dont want you to download them. If that is the case then just dont put them in the case with the game!!!
#5burgs19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2009 7:04:38 AM
bump. some one please help me with this. i still can not connect to the servers and am getting the same error still.
#6NekoSlavePosted 12/6/2009 11:42:54 PM
I don't have any info, but I'm getting an error too. Whenever I load a game, a moment later I get an error message stating: "Unable to access your online profile storage. The account information provided may be invalid." I don't know why this is happening, maybe because quit to dashboard once and shortly after that tried running the game again. It never used to say this and I'm worried about problems here and in ME2 =(
---
Rachael gains +10 points for being the only character in the game with the presence of mind to bring a goddamn assault rifle along with her. -LegoTechnic (NGS2)
#7TheBeastWithinPosted 12/7/2009 12:09:51 AM
EA's servers sucks and are constantly down or disconnecting. I regularly get messages while playing that I have disconnected. Just keep trying is my advise.

---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#8RedTygaPosted 12/7/2009 12:13:26 AM
Works fine for me. You created your account on the DASocial site, yes?
---
"Is it ironic that u can get a BS in religion?"
#9NekoSlavePosted 12/7/2009 12:22:08 AM
No, I'm sure I've done it in some other previous game. First time I put the game in it loaded some account of mine right up O_o
---
Rachael gains +10 points for being the only character in the game with the presence of mind to bring a goddamn assault rifle along with her. -LegoTechnic (NGS2)
#10RedTygaPosted 12/7/2009 12:25:12 AM
I was actually talking to the TC, but OK.

You're saying you don't have an account with DASocial and it still connected to the servers?
---
"Is it ironic that u can get a BS in religion?"