Dilemma: Alistair or Anora? (spoilers)

#11hauntbotPosted 12/9/2009 4:43:13 PM
why not just convince them to marry each other? thats what i did, and it actually worked out reasonably well, even if they werent the fairytale couple or anything.
---
NO! **** YOU INTERNET! YOU RUINED MY INNOCENCE!- gigasmoose
~The Black Boardsman & Hundred Topic Slayer~ Viva El Noobie!
#12Amber_MariePosted 12/9/2009 4:51:34 PM
Yeah, I find making them marry each other to be the best for both of them, but Alistair STILL had a cow at me. Which is fine, because I don't really like him anyways.
---
What a dirty mouth you have there, I think I'll wash it out with fist.
"This ain't survivor. We don't vote 'em off, we beat 'em off"- Dana White.
#13StiphilisPosted 12/9/2009 5:07:23 PM
Is that so? I was under the impression that it was possible to pick Anora and have Alistair fight the duel with Loghain. That way the human noble male can still be king and you can keep Alistair in your team. Or does the ending text say he ends up drinking himself into an early grave even if you do all of that?

Ah, yeah it's probably alright with human noble male. Otherwise I'm pretty sure Anora wants him dead and the best you can manage is talking her out of it, but he still has to leave.
#14ronnetPosted 12/10/2009 3:51:24 AM
'' Ah, yeah it's probably alright with human noble male. Otherwise I'm pretty sure Anora wants him dead and the best you can manage is talking her out of it, but he still has to leave. ''

But even if you aren't a human noble and let Alistair be your champion, kill Loghain and THEN let Anora be Queen then it should still work out with both Anora and Alistair happy, right? I mean you killed Loghain so Alsitair has no reaosn to leave, Anora might want him dead but you can talk her out of it without even passing a persuasion check. I have never tried this though, it could be that you cant give the crown to Anora after slaying Loghain.
#15ganstamaoriPosted 12/10/2009 4:00:30 AM
Alistair gets mad if you pick him, but that is just the natural shock. He's quite happy to be king later. I also thought that he only became a drunk/corpse if you hardened him then didn't pick him.

Whenever I pick him, I tell Anora I'm going to pick her, then betray her xD.
---
Not changing this sig until Obama's bigoted behind is removed from the
white house. 30/4/09
#16jantoniozzPosted 12/10/2009 7:01:13 AM
On my first playthrough I chose Anora and here's why. Alistair insists that he doesn't want to be king that he just wants to be a Grey Warden then when you choose to not kill "Loghain" he has a cow. He says he wants to be king but not for the right reasons just so he can kill Loghain. Which in my mind I found stupid and selfish. So I decided to let him go.
#17ShadySpecimenPosted 12/10/2009 7:04:15 AM
dude, alistair doesn't leave/become depressed/start drinking if anora is queen. I picked anora for queen, and alistair said 'phew I didn't even want to be king' and anora never mentioned wanting him executed. alistair just continued being a grey warden. In the epilogue it said he and I rebuilt the grey wardens and alistair built a memorial to duncan. The drinking/leaving your party thing only happens if you let loghain live. I'm pretty sure anora only calls for alistair's execution if he makes the killing blow against loghain....
#18knosssPosted 12/10/2009 7:11:06 AM
Alistair is a more merciful ruler. He granted city elves equal rights while Anora will be busying suppress new riots in Alienage. It seems I can't get Anora to show mercy to elves.

Also, anyone played as a mage being able to ask Anora to free Mage Circle from Templar?
#19ShadySpecimenPosted 12/10/2009 7:35:24 AM
anora asked me if I wanted anything at the end and i said 'give the circle of magi freedom' and she granted it. She was a good queen. Next playthrough I made alistair king and he kind of seemed like he didn't know what he was doing. It said he was popular though.
#20gorypaldin2Posted 12/10/2009 7:42:49 AM
In one file I married Anora and had Allister kill Loghain after Shale dueled him. Anora only wants Allister to deny claim to the throne for himself and any of his hiers.

He will do that willingly and than everything is fine.

Also on a side note have Shale fight Loghain (Loghain comments on how unfair it is to fight a golem)
---
Dude where's my sig?