Best light or medium armor setup?

#1Mini KillerPosted 12/12/2009 5:31:25 AM
Ok, so I played my first entire playthrough as a warrior and strictly stuck to armor that gave an armor set bonus and so far I've done the same with my lvl 18 rouge. I'm wondering if the item set bonus is more hype than anything as I see a lot of armor pieces that don't make up a bonus. Are any of those armors worth it? Any good combos?

Thank you!.

---
{Currently Playing} Dragon Age: Origins {lvl 20} & Mass Effect {lvl 59}
#2TrialZero654Posted 12/12/2009 5:58:33 AM
if you're playing as a Rogue, you SHOULD have a decent tank and healer in the party, and therefore shouldn't need much armor, or at least not badly enough to warrant having to get it from set bonuses

i think the ideal gear set for a rogue depends on what you intend on specializing in, dual melee or ranged weapons, and also which kinds of melee weapons

the Wade's Superior Drakeskin leather armor set is a very good set, providing a total of +4 Dexterity and +70% Fire Resistance, as well as set bonuses to Defense and fatigue penalty

outside of that set i can recommend the Shadow of the Empire body armor, which has +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, and +2 Stamina regeneration in combat

depend on what weapons you use i would use either The Long Sight or Helm of Honnleath for helmet

for gloves, Backhands are a good bet if you intend on making use of backstab, or Pushback Strikers for a +5% melee critical hit chance, or Gloves of Guile for an added +2.5 Armor Penetration, if that's your thing

for boots, either Silverhammer's Tackmasters for extra dps or Bard's Dancing Shoes if you need the extra evasion
---
"You exist, because we allow it, and you will end, because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect
#3hauntbotPosted 12/12/2009 6:00:57 AM
rogues benefit more from individual armor pieces than using a set, imo.

the drakskin set is pretty mediocre at best, and only good for using skills frequently. its good for leliana or a ranged rogue, imo.

if you have a melee rogue, youre better served by using the red jenny seekers(gloves), the felons coat(body armor, only available from wades shop after completing 2 treaty quests, but before giving him the dragon scale) the helm of honnleath, and....whatever boots you like....no real good boots, unfortunately....
---
NO! **** YOU INTERNET! YOU RUINED MY INNOCENCE!- gigasmoose
~The Black Boardsman & Hundred Topic Slayer~ Viva El Noobie!
#4hauntbotPosted 12/12/2009 6:06:33 AM
@zero: felons coat adds more to dex and defense then the shadow of the empire.... if you use a lot of skillspam as a rogue then the shadow can be good, but skillspam is done so much better by fighters-or better yet mages- that i personally dont see any point in it.

red jenny seekers are the best +backstab/crit damage gloves in the game, at +15% damage. you get them by completing the trial of crows quest line.

tackmasters only boost dps if you have the dex bug fixed, otherwise they only make you generate more aggro, which is generally a bad thing for a rogue. good call on the bard shoes though, those are probably your best bet.
---
NO! **** YOU INTERNET! YOU RUINED MY INNOCENCE!- gigasmoose
~The Black Boardsman & Hundred Topic Slayer~ Viva El Noobie!
#5TrialZero654Posted 12/12/2009 6:11:38 AM
i forgot about red jenny seekers and felons coat because i missed my opportunity to get both of them in my current game, i was just going off of what i had

thanks for suggesting the better items, i probly would have equipped zevran with the felon's coat but by the time i found out about it i had already rescued that dudes daughter
---
"You exist, because we allow it, and you will end, because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect
#6Mini Killer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2009 6:21:52 AM
Thanks guys for the advise. I was
actually debating on shadow of the empire or felons coat, the price difference is A LOT lol.

I'm a dw (starfang/ edge) and roll with 2 crews. Lelana (archer), wynn and gorim...or alistar, morigann and random.
---
#7Mini Killer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2009 7:56:29 AM
I used that helm for awhile but I hate how it looks lol
---