Best Companions for Mage character?

#1bra5amPosted 1/4/2010 9:53:39 PM
I plan on making a mage not sure what characters to use on that playthrough. Any reccomendations?
#2matshankPosted 1/4/2010 9:59:54 PM
I used Morrigan, Lelinana, and Alistar

Alistar to tank everyone else to damage. I also had both my mages with the spirit healer specialization.
---
Well kids you tired and your failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
#3I_Can_ExplodePosted 1/4/2010 10:01:08 PM
I used Alistair, Shale and Morrigan.

2 mages, 2 tanks.

Sometimes replaced Shale with Zevran.
#4flaminmoocowPosted 1/4/2010 10:01:39 PM
Leliana for a Rogue
Wynne as a Healer
Ogrehn or Alistair for a Tank/Damage Dealer or Morgan if you like her spells and are an Arcane Warrior.
That's what I use
---
GT: Judiotacular
#5CountDreadPosted 1/4/2010 10:59:11 PM
Easy most parties consist of a tank, healer and 2 damage dealers. So I go with well....Me, Ali baby, Wy"I'm a dirty ole lady"nne and none other then...the fiery redhead with a bow and pointy sticks from hell...thats right its Lel"I'm really bi"iana! And thats the game. If you want morrigan then do shapeshifter spirit healer. Wynne's a better choice though. :D
#6Quiet451Posted 1/4/2010 11:10:34 PM
I wouldn't go anywhere without a rogue. Also, I don't think 2 mages are really necessary if you make your 1 mage versatile, but it's up to you.
---
Why is there tape on your nose?
#7HYABUSA_ROXPosted 1/4/2010 11:14:16 PM
I used morrigan, wynne and ohgren, ranged healer and melee. Myself as mage tank
---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Bauten
#8James43090Posted 1/4/2010 11:18:57 PM
For hard mode: I use Alistair, Wynne and Leliana. Alistair had all the shield upgrades but was set to dish out major damage. His offense just offsetted and blew away the need to "tank" anything...along with of course a bunch of my area of effect spells. Wynne was the healer/mass paralyzer and Leliana was to shatter all the frozen enemies with her crits and one-shot mages with arrow of slaying. Hope that helps.
---
the letter 9
#9Wyvern_MonarchPosted 1/5/2010 6:22:25 AM

I had myself and morrigan for some of the game as dps mages and alistair (tank) and wynne for healing. But i found that i preferred it when I swapped morrigan for shale.

I seriously kick ass with this party. Mind you my player character does about 60% of the party damage lol.