Alistair at the Landsmeet SPOILERS

#1bfhurricanePosted 1/18/2010 8:53:07 PM
So I've narrowed down my decisions to letting either Anora or Alistair take the throne. I know that if Anora takes it, she exiles Alistair, or so a friend told me, but I can get Loghain in my party. Just wondering if one option was clearly better than the other or not.
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 1/18/2010 9:00:43 PM
It only really matters if you actively use Alistair, then losing him would be a hindrance. If not, then no big dealio.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3Slaps_godPosted 1/18/2010 9:02:00 PM
Well, since you have spoilers in your title

If you add Loghain to your party you will lose Allistair for good. So, how much do you like Alistair?

There is also a dialogue line that gets the lady to mary Alistair and jointly rule,thereby keeping Alistair in your party.

I have done both, and personally, I like Alistair better. If for no better reason than what Loghain did at the start of the game.
---
Gt = WildMN34
Currently playing: Borderlands, Dragon's Age, and MW 2
#40Swordsman0Posted 1/18/2010 9:20:51 PM
Here is all the options:

Anora rules alone with making unhardened Alistair remain as a grey warden in the party with Loghain dead.
Anora rules alone while sparing Loghain and getting rid of Alistair.
Unhardened/Hardened Alistair rules alone with Loghain dead.
Alistair marries female human noble player. Loghain must be killed.
Human noble male marries Anora. 2 options have unhardened Alistair kill Loghain or spare Loghain and Alistair leaves Fereldan or you execute him.
Alistair and Anora rule together with Loghain dead.(Player must kill Loghain or Anora won't marry Alistair.)
Hardened Alistair and Anora rule together with Alistair leaving the party and Loghain joining the party.
---
Signatures are pointless.
#5bfhurricane(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2010 9:30:44 PM
Thanks for the responses. I didn't feel like pissing Alistair off anymore and he said he would take the throne, so I put him on it. Afterwards, he expressed a lot of anger for me doing so... whatever.
#6nesrtkfanPosted 1/18/2010 9:37:08 PM
what about a hardened alistair that kills the archdemon?
#7knosssPosted 1/18/2010 9:40:05 PM
^^^

That's because you didn't "harden" him during his personal quest.

Gameplay wise, I'd like to keep Alistair if you were using him as your main tank throughout the game. Loghain can't fit in tank role very well due to the auto-levelup crap. If you've made Shale your main tank not Alistair, than that's doesn't matter. But anyway, Loghain isn't very useful because you get him at the very end of the game, and not being able to build him.
#8knosssPosted 1/18/2010 9:45:23 PM
"what about a hardened alistair that kills the archdemon?"

No difference if you sacrifice him. The difference comes from the epilogue if you make him king.
#9Slaps_godPosted 1/18/2010 9:56:23 PM
Oh lord, please tell me I didn't have to harden Alistair in order for him to kill the archdemon.... if that is the case I will have to restart my female mage playthrough.
---
Gt = WildMN34
Currently playing: Borderlands, Dragon's Age, and MW 2
#100Swordsman0Posted 1/18/2010 9:57:09 PM

Oh lord, please tell me I didn't have to harden Alistair in order for him to kill the archdemon.... if that is the case I will have to restart my female mage playthrough.

No you don't have to harden him.
---
Signatures are pointless.