Cailan and Alistair **SPOILERS**

#1mms_bludhoundPosted 2/11/2010 10:36:38 PM
On my second playthrough, when I was introduced to Cailan by Duncan, I noticed that Cailan actually bears a very striking resemblance to Alistair in terms of facial features. I can't believe I actually never thought that the 2 of them might be brothers when I was on my first playthrough before Alistair made the confession. Heck, I didn't even take note of the resemblence then. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel the same way?
#2Kats_RKPosted 2/11/2010 10:46:23 PM

they have the same nose thats fer sure

#3mms_bludhound(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2010 10:51:27 PM
Not to mention brows, eyes and even stubbles.
#4speedingpullet1Posted 2/11/2010 10:51:30 PM
I'm fairly sure they have the same face.

Different facial hair, hair colour and eyes - but the model is identical.

Can't remember if Cailen is voiced by Steve Valentine, but I wouldn't be surprised.

SPOILER

And, if you marry Alistair off to Anora, she mentions the uncanny similarity, and how it makes it a little easier to marry Ali, as he's so similar to Cailen physically.

END SPOLIER
#5mms_bludhound(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2010 10:58:57 PM
Come to the think of it, they do SOUND the same too.

It's strange how I only noticed the similarity during the second playthrough.
#6speedingpullet1Posted 2/11/2010 11:05:49 PM
Very true - I only really took notice the second time around.
The first time I was totally clueless as to what was going to happen.

Its pretty obvious once you know....
#70Swordsman0Posted 2/11/2010 11:10:49 PM
One of the devs said they used the same face model for both characters. Alistair's face is just an edited model of Cailain's face. Also Cailain and Alistair have different voice actors. Steve Valentine(The voice of Alistair) is voicing Anders the male mage companion from awakening. Anders looks very similar to Alistair and Cailiain as well.
---
Signatures are pointless.
#8mms_bludhound(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2010 11:12:57 PM
Hah, I guess it'd be funny if somewhere down the Awakening storyline, Anders reveal himself to be another illegitimate offspring of Maric and a "star-struck maid".
#9speedingpullet1Posted 2/11/2010 11:14:24 PM
Very interesting.

Though, I'm a bit perturbed that Steve Valentine is also voicing Anders.

I mean, I loves me some SV, but he'll always be 'Alistair' to me and it will be a bit wierd having the same voice doing Anders too.
#100Swordsman0Posted 2/11/2010 11:15:36 PM

Hah, I guess it'd be funny if somewhere down the Awakening storyline, Anders reveal himself to be another illegitimate offspring of Maric and a "star-struck maid".

Most people on the official forums think he is the bastard son that Maric had with the grey warden mage. Especially since the architect is coming from that book as well.
---
Signatures are pointless.