Best romance option to carry over.

#1Pluto_70Posted 11/9/2010 4:13:13 PM
I am not sure how much your romance options will affect the future Dragon Age 2 and probably 3, but now I am stuck on who to pick. Lelianna and Morrigan both have their perks, so I am letting the choice be influenced on the next games. It seems as if Morrigan has the bigger role and will be more in the future games. What do you think?
#2Nasada19Posted 11/9/2010 4:40:25 PM
I honestly don't think it's going to matter that much. You're not even playing as your warden in DA2.
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
#3MichoticPosted 11/9/2010 4:42:12 PM
Spoilers will appear throughout this next section. Read at your own peril.

After playing Witch Hunt, Morrigan's romance at least gets closure (depending on what you do). I would highly doubt this aspect of the game will factor in very drastically however. I have three games that I will probably end up importing to DA 2. One each for Warrior, Rogue, and Magi. Each file also romanced a different person, so I guess I'll be able to see.

Storyline wise, I would imagine Morrigan will have more influence than the other characters. Even if you do not romance her, the story seems to follow that she conceived a child with the soul of an old god (I'm betting this will become canon).
---
PSN - Fakade000
Xbox Live - Fakade
#4SepewrathPosted 11/9/2010 5:26:45 PM
lol I didn't view Witch Hunt as any kind of closure. I don't think the romance will matter, like it was said, your playing as an entirely different person. Even if you want to look at it like Morrigan had stop being such an ice queen when you romanced her, it was only to your Warden and no one else, so its not like she would even have some personality change. Romances probably don't matter in the slightest, I think at best, Alistair if he's still alive and king; but I wouldn't count on it.
#5Pluto_70(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2010 6:36:58 PM
I'm not so sure. I feel Morrigan has a bigger role then one would think. Just like what they did with Mass Effect. Somethings from the first don't make a big difference in second game, but they said they will in the third.
#6MichoticPosted 11/9/2010 6:56:12 PM
I'm definitely sure Morrigan (or her child) will end up playing a major role in Thedas in the future. However, romancing her probably won't have a huge effect on the game. If anything, it may change a couple lines of dialogue.
---
PSN - Fakade000
Xbox Live - Fakade
#7leggykibethPosted 11/9/2010 8:11:01 PM
SPOILERS:

Currently we have no idea how romances will affect DA2. They probably won't at all beyond a line or two of dialogue. All we know if that some characters may have a cameo or a mention. (It's been strongly hinted around the Bioware forums that Alistair will have a cameo if he's alive.)

I personally think Morrigan and Alistair are the best romance options in terms of importance to the overall storyline.

---
"Well, they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
#8moocha_lockaPosted 11/10/2010 6:02:41 AM
Storyline wise, I would imagine Morrigan will have more influence than the other characters. Even if you do not romance her, the story seems to follow that she conceived a child with the soul of an old god (I'm betting this will become canon).

It's not canon. She won't have a baby unless you gave her one.
#9MichoticPosted 11/10/2010 8:52:05 AM
I know it's not canon now. I have a feeling it will become as such. I bet that as the storyline of the games progresses, I'm sure Morrigan managed to have a child and bring the soul of an Old God into the world somehow.
---
PSN - Fakade000
Xbox Live - Fakade
#10SepewrathPosted 11/10/2010 4:22:03 PM
I don't think they would do that, it kind of defeats the purpose of making it a choice if they are just going to make it happen anyway. If they wanted to get the Old God power, they could just say that she or Flemeth got it from the body of the Warden who killed the Archdemon before it was destroyed.