Unable to use DLC from Ultimate CD when playing offline

#18bitPunkPosted 2/12/2012 6:36:41 PM
Hello,

I have a legitimate copy of Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate installed on my hard drive within my xbox 360.

However, when I play offline (as where I live doesn't have internet access good enough to run Xbox Live), I am unable to use any of the DLC content except extra areas/equipment inside of the original game (Like the soldier's peak, or the bonus gear unlocked from doing Leliani's DLC).

I get a message that my DLC is corrupted and I need to re download it whenever I start the game.

Anyone else have any experience with this?? Do I need to take my xbox over to a friend's house for an xbox live update for the game or something ?? (Updated DA:O about 4 months ago, and have the most recent version of Xbox Live).

Taking my xbox over to my friends to connect to his high speed internet wouldn't be a problem, but I'm worried that I will need a constant xbox live connection to access other DLC (Awakenings, Witch Hunt, e.t.c.).
#2MichoticPosted 2/12/2012 8:34:28 PM
If you're swapping Xbox's around, you're going to have issues with the licenses. If you put all the DLC on your gamer profile, you can transfer the licenses to your Xbox (have to be connected to the internet to do so).

Check the Xbox website for more information on how to do it.
---
PSN - Fakade000
Xbox Live - Fakade
#3RandomTag529Posted 2/13/2012 1:09:52 AM
The Ultimate Edition shouldn't have licensing issues, as all the content is installed from the disc, and not locked to any profile.

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the DLC from disc again? As far as I know that won't delete any updates or saves.

Also, you haven't been dicking around with any modding tools, have you?
---
Steam: FEGuy | Backpack: http://tf2b.com/id/feguy
#4Super CreaturesPosted 2/13/2012 2:45:26 AM
A 360 HDD can hold title updates for roughly 15 games, erasing the oldest update(s) if needed to make room for a new update.

It sounds to me that your 360 has cycled out the DAO update to make room for the update for another game, as the DLC at least require the update that was released with it.

Note that the UE content disc contains what was the most recent update at the time it was released, however, it does not contain the Witch Hunt v1.1 patch which fixes issues with WH not recognizing that you did the Dark Ritual, as well as making it so that WH auto-saves after the ending, creating a save for use for importing into DA2.

If you want WH v1.1 you'll need to connect to Live and launch the game, otherwise, everything you need is on the content disc.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5calistud4evPosted 2/13/2012 2:56:22 AM
^ Wow I never knew that about the 360 HDD. So does it depend on the size of the HDD (I have the GofW 320g). I've never had a problem like that so I guess I wouldn't of come across it. Thinking about it some more I've really only ever had a handful of updates in the 5+ years I've owned the different 360 models. 60g,Elite,250g,now the GofW 320g.
---
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.
#68bitPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2012 3:35:14 PM
Super Creatures posted...
A 360 HDD can hold title updates for roughly 15 games, erasing the oldest update(s) if needed to make room for a new update.

It sounds to me that your 360 has cycled out the DAO update to make room for the update for another game, as the DLC at least require the update that was released with it.

Note that the UE content disc contains what was the most recent update at the time it was released, however, it does not contain the Witch Hunt v1.1 patch which fixes issues with WH not recognizing that you did the Dark Ritual, as well as making it so that WH auto-saves after the ending, creating a save for use for importing into DA2.

If you want WH v1.1 you'll need to connect to Live and launch the game, otherwise, everything you need is on the content disc.

Thanks a lot, I'll connect to live this weekend and cycle the update and report back.
#7Super CreaturesPosted 2/15/2012 5:49:31 PM
I just thought of an additional problem that may have occurred, which also has to do with the 360 retaining title updates.

Occasionally, you might run into a problem where every time you start a game that a title update has been released for, you will be asked to download it, even if it was the last game you played and installed the update.

This occurs because files in the cache got corrupted, preventing the 360 from retaining updates, to fix this, you have to clear the cache.

So, it might be a good idea to clear your cache before downloading the title update, or, at least test to see if you have this problem, since your case is a little different due to the lack of a constant connection, making it a little difficult to get any updates for other games that you may not think of at the time you get the DAO update.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#88bitPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2012 5:17:22 PM
Confirmed that renewing the Cache for DA:O fixed the problem and now I can play offline. There was also a huge title update that I was missing apparently that occurred between today and summer (when I last played the game).
#9NekoSlavePosted 3/14/2012 6:11:02 PM
Ah! So that's it. I had problems with other games, as well. I moved a year ago and cannot connect my XBOX online. I put Fallout 3 in (with all DLC) and it was unable to play, Saves Corrupted warning, etc. I put in DA:O and it didn't have Awakening, Leliana, Darkspawn C, and that stuff. I was so mad! It's the same system, same account, same hard drive, and I couldn't figure it out.
---
I am God. This is the game I created the human race for. -Vozlov (Deus Ex: HR)
I'd love to meet a dev or at the least punch one in the mouth. -ZXR_ReignSlayer