blood magic mixing with toher spells

#1BhuakPosted 4/10/2012 7:39:55 PM
was just curious about a few things. im doing blood mage/spirit healer. i also have death magic. was wondering a few things, first, how effective is death magic with blood magic on, does it still heal? and second, cleansing aura. ive never used it. doews it work with blood magic? and how draining is it on mana? can i keep it up always? just curious before i invest the points.
#2Nasada19Posted 4/10/2012 7:46:59 PM
I don't believe that Death Magic will heal you very much with blood magic on. That being said Death Magic is a crap sustainable as you have to be very close to dead bodies.

Honestly I think it's a waste of mana/fatigue to keep it up when there are better options. If you want to heal use spells that use some form of increasing health regeneration. Or just turn off blood magic and chug a potion. I'd just do that honestly.

Cleansing Aura has a massive penalty to mana regeneration (-10). I don't think even with all the mana regeneration equipment in the game you'd be able to null that even to 0. So no, you can't keep cleansing aura on all the time.
---
There is a great need for a sarcasm font.
#3Bhuak(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 11:37:35 PM
for cleansing aura i meant with blood magic on since spells will use health instead of mana. so the minus to mana regen shouldnt affect me too much
#4Nasada19Posted 4/11/2012 9:18:28 AM
Your mana is still being constantly drained though even if you aren't casting spells and have blood magic on. Unless you're constantly chugging lyrium potions cleansing aura is going to eat up all your mana and then be deactivated.
---
There is a great need for a sarcasm font.