Lost my will to play with my current character. Should I start again? (spoilers)

#1LancenWithmartPosted 5/6/2012 7:20:30 PM
First things first: I haven't finish the game yet. I made a warrior human noble and I'm going to Orzammar had already finish Redcliffe Castle, Circle Tower and Brecilian Outskirts. But I'm not having not much fun playing with this character, I'm thinking he is too much limited.

So, I'm thinking about starting again, making a mage this time, but this is MY grey warden, all customized, with several decisions made and a romance already started. I feel sad to not complete his story.

Ok, this can be VERY silly, but I think all people here can understand what I'm saying.

I thanks in advance any opinion.
---
It was not hers to give. It was mine to take.
#2AigonrothPosted 5/7/2012 5:17:58 AM
Well how did you spec this particular character, is he a Weapon & Shield Warrior, Dual-Wielding Warrior, 2-Handed Warrior, or Archer Warrior?

What specializations did you pick out of Champion, Berserker, Templar, and Reaver?

As for starting over, I would say do so eventually, this game has a lot of replayability to it.
---
"Badassfully You Big Stupid Jellyfish"- Bubin, Mass Effect 3
Most effective does not always equate to most fun.
#3LancenWithmart(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 6:26:05 AM
He is a Weapon & Shield Warrior with Champion and Templar specializations. I have the W&S tree complete. Other than that, I have Powerful, Perfect Striking, War Cry, Rally and Righteous Strike.

As for starting over, I would say do so eventually, this game has a lot of replayability to it.

I agree, I just thinking doing this now because I fell I'm not have much to do with a Tank type character than attack and buff. I pass more time using my mages and having my main character by yourself.
---
#4j800rPosted 5/7/2012 1:15:27 PM
I find with most RPGs I play (most JRPG though) I play, get part way thorough or near to the end then start afresh. I do that a few times while I'm learning to game and each time I have a better understanding of what works. Leliana can handle locked chests and you get her fairly early. Daveth can get some in Ostegar. My favourite character to play is without a doubt a Mage as they're more fun. So customizable and way more to do with them. Playing a mage nuker atm and loving it. You just need to find which class/setup is you. If you find yourself controlling your mages most often then you probably wanna make a mage.
#5LancenWithmart(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 4:50:08 PM
I find with most RPGs I play (most JRPG though) I play, get part way thorough or near to the end then start afresh. I do that a few times while I'm learning to game and each time I have a better understanding of what works.

Exactly. Now I know the game mechanics better, so...not to mention that I forget to get Leliana in my group.

Thanks for the opinions. I think I go start again with a (not NPC) nuke mage.
---
#6j800rPosted 5/7/2012 10:13:04 PM
Get both walking bomb spells. They're great crowd control if used right. Also, a MUST is Mana Clash. Instant death to a lot of tough mages or close to with others. Recently got the Reaper's Vestments for my nuker. After the Urn of Sacred Ashes I'm probably gonna use the Redcliffe money trick to be able to afford the Staff of the Magister Lord. I also already have the Spellward. The only battle I found truly difficult (multiple game overs) was against Flemeth. Dragons are just unforgivingly difficult.
#7LancenWithmart(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 7:22:45 AM
Get both walking bomb spells. They're great crowd control if used right. Also, a MUST is Mana Clash. Instant death to a lot of tough mages or close to with others. Recently got the Reaper's Vestments for my nuker.

Thanks or the tips.

.After the Urn of Sacred Ashes I'm probably gonna use the Redcliffe money trick to be able to afford the Staff of the Magister Lord.

Redcliffe money trck? What is that?

The only battle I found truly difficult (multiple game overs) was against Flemeth. Dragons are just unforgivingly difficult.

Flemeth. 25 tries and she still kick me hard. Maybe with a nuker I can get, I guess.
---
#8Nasada19Posted 5/8/2012 10:33:33 AM
You can always play as one of your party members in your warrior playthrough. Tanks are sooooo boring in this game as are archers and 2-handers IMO. I have the most fun with spell casting mages, backstabbing rogues, and dual wield warriors.

Here's the gold/dupe glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8UmUaPC1Y

I'll warn you though that once you start doing this you'll find it impossible to play any other way.
---
There is a great need for a sarcasm font.
#9j800rPosted 5/8/2012 10:36:24 AM
LancenWithmart posted...
Redcliffe money trck? What is that?

When helping defend Redcliffe, if you persuade Lloyd to join the fight Bella will take over the pub and will give you free access to supplies. On the console version there's a beneficial bug where if you take all the supplies, leave and then come back there will be more to take. This is only the case with the crystals in storage. Basically, by constantly exiting the pub, reentering and talking to her again you can keep grabbing more crystals (flawed and clear most common) and once your inventory is fall you can sell them. Repeat the process if you need even more gold.

There are youtube vids out there demonstrating exactly what to do.
#10j800rPosted 5/8/2012 10:38:58 AM
Nasada19 posted...
Here's the gold/dupe glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8UmUaPC1Y

I'll warn you though that once you start doing this you'll find it impossible to play any other way.

That's not the same as the Redcliffe exploit. Not to mention the Redcliffe crystal method feels less like cheating. :p