I just got the ultimate edition. Want to be a jerk and "evil" playthrough

#1AstronomerJakePosted 11/28/2012 6:50:06 PM
I won't play this game until Christmas, but I've already beat this game like 3 times. I got some questions. I've never played any of the dlc except Shale.

1. Any good party combinations that are both hilarious, particularly when you do evil things like kill people or during any main quest parts?

2. How good is Awakening? I've heard lots of people say its huge and could be a main game. How long is it? Does it have new zones/tones in it or something? Any more chances to be evil and a jerk to people in this?

3. From what I understand, you should play origins until after Lothgar, then do warden's keep, shale, and return to ostagar, right? Don't some loot and quest rewards scale to your level? Should I wait to do any of these to have more powerful loot?

4. With the ultimate edition, can you still do the sell/sell all glitch to make "infinite gold?" I was actually one of the ones who first discovered this glitch when the vanilla game first came out. I don't think I EVER patched this game once when I had vanilla.

5. May have been stupid, but yesterday, I deleted da origins off my harddrive and by delete, I mean everything. I recall somebody telling me you can't play the ultimate edition dlc content from a vanilla disc or something. I don't know. It really isn't a big deal. Whats done is done.
#2AigonrothPosted 11/29/2012 6:38:49 PM
1) Shale, Morrigan, and Sten would be a good party for you then, substitutes would be Oghren, Dog, or Zevran.

2) Awakening is pretty decent actually, but it is fairly buggy, while it is huge I wouldn't say it is big enough to be a main game, it is an expansion pack.

Yes you get 5 new characters and one returns from Origins, Awakening takes place in the very northern section of Ferelden, you get to visit the City of Amaranthine, so yes it contains all new maps and enemies.

3) That isn't what I personally do, I play until after Lothering then either do the Mage's Tower or Soldier's Peak and throw in Shale's DLC after I have completed Haven or Side-questing in Denerim, I save Return to Ostagar until usually right before the Landsmeet.

The loot reason is actually pretty much why I save Return to Ostagar, the loot in it is some of the best stuff in the game.

4) Yes.

5) I used to have both a vanilla copy and the Ultimate Edition Disc and I had no problems playing the DLC with the original copy, doesn't mean you couldn't have problems though.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#3ShinDarklighterPosted 11/30/2012 7:16:52 AM
1- If your going to be bad bring Alistair, Leliana and Wynne. Granted if you stay true to your course your going to need a back up team by the end.

2- Awakening is not all that great. You do get new areas but it is fairly short(for an expansion). You get a few choices to be bad in it but no where near as many as DAO.

3- I do the DLC whenever. I can just sell the items to Bodhan to scale them up later anyways or use the Wardens Keep chest.

4- You can still do it. Hell you can still do that trick in DA2.

5- I installed my friends UE disc then played with my original ver of DAO no problem.
---
"Like Ben Franklin said, bub... only two things certain in life.... an' this ain't taxes. SNIKT!" Wolverine
#4lenmuttPosted 11/30/2012 3:49:36 PM
1. Any good party combinations that are both hilarious, particularly when you do evil things like kill people or during any main quest parts?

Morrigan, Zevran and Shale have the best jaded dialogue

2. How good is Awakening? I've heard lots of people say its huge and could be a main game. How long is it? Does it have new zones/tones in it or something? Any more chances to be evil and a jerk to people in this?

it's pretty fun the setting is new and yes you can be pretty evil since you sorta rule over an area. I recall I had the choice of killing rioting towns folk or talking them down

3. From what I understand, you should play origins until after Lothgar, then do warden's keep, shale, and return to ostagar, right? Don't some loot and quest rewards scale to your level? Should I wait to do any of these to have more powerful loot?

it's more fun having shale early on but thats up to you story wise it feels weird doing RTO too early. wardens keep usually a great thing to do early the storage chest can also scale some gear to you';re current level

4. With the ultimate edition, can you still do the sell/sell all glitch to make "infinite gold?" I was actually one of the ones who first discovered this glitch when the vanilla game first came out. I don't think I EVER patched this game once when I had vanilla.

sorry not sure

5. May have been stupid, but yesterday, I deleted da origins off my harddrive and by delete, I mean everything. I recall somebody telling me you can't play the ultimate edition dlc content from a vanilla disc or something. I don't know. It really isn't a big deal. Whats done is done.

again not sure

some mild tips
I think city elf has the most chances to use the murder knife

Dalish gives you a somewhat evil choice right of the get go

dwarf commoner is basically a hired thug

also for a pretty evil choice at redcliff instead of doing any of the options say you'll get the mages then continue to go upstairs after a mini boss and cut scene you'll get to be pretty brutal
#5lenmuttPosted 11/30/2012 4:01:11 PM
oh and heres a murder knife guide for DAO, awakening and DA2

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Murder_knife

may contain spoilers ^_^