Need gold!

#1DarthKonaPosted 12/4/2012 7:30:40 AM
Is there an easy way to make gold early in the game. I just got to lothering and would like to upgrade weapons and armor and get a few healing supplies.
---
Remember duck tape takes over where skill leaves off
#2lenmuttPosted 12/4/2012 8:52:08 AM
well there is the gold glitch

works pretty good if you got items from dlc like blood dragon plate

but something valuable and something less valuable in your junk

go to a merchant

highlight the valuable item the press Y and A at the same time and you'll get double

no buy back and repeat works really fast if you got the reapers gulge from golems of aramrak dlc
#3AigonrothPosted 12/4/2012 6:41:10 PM
If you aren't opposed to using an exploit then you can get infinite gold via such a method.

The exploit simply involves putting an item into the junk section of your inventory and heading to a merchant (you only want one item in your junk tab and you do not want the merchant to have anything in their junk section as otherwise the process gets slowed down).

So anyway you go to your merchant of choice and head to the junk tab, since you should only have one item in that section, this will go by much quicker.

Hit the Y Button first and followed very quickly by the A button, it will count as you having sold the item twice, by the item back from the merchant and repeat as many times as you feel like it.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#4belisar6Posted 12/6/2012 6:28:41 AM
Aside from the glitch mentioned above, the best way to make a lot of money is probably making lots of potent lyrium potions. You need someone with level 4 herbalism to make it though.

You can buy unlimited lyrium dust at the mage's tower, and the rest of the materials from the bartender in Denerim. The process can be a bit time consuming, but it's another option if you don't like exploiting glitches.
---
We were going full speed ahead... but facing backwards the whole time.
#5slayyer_666Posted 12/17/2012 6:01:14 PM
Does it really work because it seems to be not working
#6Flamechamp2333Posted 12/17/2012 10:43:49 PM
you gotta be real quick. I have made thousands of gold this way and I still cannot do it consistently.

You almost have to be hitting the buttons at the same time but one slightly quicker than the other. I'm actually one of the people who first helped discovered this trick back in 2009.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg