is there a rogue build that's ok for them to wear medium armor?

#1spacehartPosted 1/26/2013 1:33:46 AM
topic.i haven't played a rogue yet so I'm curious
---
"Is it still considered friendly fire if I hate you?-Bullseye
#2LordTrinenPosted 1/26/2013 8:38:24 AM
Some people like medium armor for their dual-wielding rogues.
#3AigonrothPosted 1/26/2013 2:45:55 PM
Absolutely, it is called the build where you play the class how you want to and don't give a damn about the most efficient path.

Also you could play a Dual-Main Hand Weapon Rogue you would have to have a higher strength to equip the higher end weapons and that would quite easily let you wear medium armor.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#4spacehart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:38:06 PM
hah. Fair enpugh. I wasn't really concerned about max effiiency more screwing myself
---
#5AigonrothPosted 1/26/2013 4:04:08 PM
A Dual Main-Hand Weapon Rogue should probably be what you look at playing then, you are going to have to increase your Strength to equip the highest tier Axes or Swords, you'll need 31 Strength for the best one-handed weapons and 34 Strength for the highest tier of Medium Armor.

Aim for 20-25 Strength (factor in the fade bonuses for that) and equipment can take care of the rest.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#6spacehart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 5:44:10 PM
so this build wouldn't use daggers or much cunning?
---
#7AigonrothPosted 1/26/2013 9:55:28 PM
You can make use of Daggers if you wish, but the reason I suggest a Dual Wielding Rogue and not a Dual Dagger Rogue is because you inherently need more Strength for the former, so equipping medium armor is more feasible.

As for whether or not to use Cunning, when I made my Dual-Main Hand Weapon Rogue I still took Lethality and invested heavily in Cunning, Cunning is still more useful to a Rogue than Strength alone as it affects your ability to Disarm Traps, affects Mental Resistance, improves Armor Penetration, and increases the effectiveness of certain Rogue Skills.

So while the build requires more Strength than a Dual-Dagger Rogue Cunning is still important.
---
#8spacehart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:53:59 PM
thank you, you've been very helpful
---
#9magikot9Posted 1/29/2013 10:51:29 AM
I played a Dwarf Noble Rogue that wore medium armor. Even distribution between Strength and Dexterity and dual wielded axes for RP purposes. With Momentum active, assassin talents, and coup de grace you really are a monster in combat. Used ancient elven armor until I could get the superior Dragonskin armor. (TBH, medium armor kind of sucks in Origins)
#10Super CreaturesPosted 1/29/2013 10:58:09 AM
I always just go for Massive Armor for my Rogue Wardens, especially since I dupe tomes so strength is no concern, but even if I didn't, the strength for tier 3 Massive Armor can be achieved without spending a single hard point on str, or a very minimum amount depending on what choices you make affecting what str+ gear you get.

Of course, the only Massive Armor I worry about for Rogues is Warden Commander's Armor (just the chest piece), since it gives +15% backstab damage.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.