This Was Incredibly Disappointing..

#1Wario_manPosted 1/16/2012 7:11:31 AM
I know it's been mentioned many times but geez, this is where the Ratchet and Clank series went? Well for one Clank isn't in it so it's mainly Ratchet and some other girl who has next to no personality. Where's the story, where's the humour, where's the shops?

I haven't played Tools of Destruction yet, I'm getting it in the mail soon and I'm waiting to finish that before I start A Crack In Time but I'm really hoping they blow me away since after what I've seen of All 4 in One I'm really ready for this series to go to bed.
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#2silly_sausagePosted 1/16/2012 3:23:21 PM
Tools of Destruction, and to some extent A Crack in Time are definitely a lot more like the classic Ratchet and Clank games.

Also, keep in mind that Quest for Booty isn't supposed to be a full fledged R&C game. It was only intended to be a little PSN only mini-adventure. But then PAL got it on disc for some reason, which kinda adds to the confusion.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
#3Wario_man(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2012 9:58:29 PM
That is confusing >_> Well hopefully the first and third actually are better. Shame about All 4 in One though..
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#4Wario_man(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 3:03:42 AM
Gave in and started A Crack In Time, it is good o:
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#5silly_sausagePosted 1/17/2012 4:33:41 PM
I haven't played All 4 One yet, but from what I've seen of it, it does indeed look pretty bad, though I'll probably still get it when the price drops, just so I can have all R&C games on disc. And who knows, I may even love it. As for A Crack in Time, I just beat it last night, and moved onto Challenge Mode, the humour was definitely there, as was the usual arsenal of weapons, and the setting was reminiscent of classic R&C games, but I still didn't like it as much as the others. I guess it was just too Clank-centric.

Also, for having a Quest for Booty save, you should unlock a special skin for A Crack in Time, don't know if you've found it yet. You probably have, seeing as a message comes up telling you so.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
#6Wario_man(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 11:40:15 PM
I got it, was totally worth it =]
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#7BC144601Posted 1/19/2012 9:52:03 PM(edited)
I also bought Quest for Booty, thought it was a great game, WAY better then All 4 One.

All 4 One Blows Chucks IMO.

Tools of Destruction & Crack in Time both good games.
I would like to see a Ratchet & Clank HD Collection sometime soon.
---
Pictures of: GT4,GTA SA, AC, Halo 1&2, Tourist Trophy, And more.
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/BC144601/