Why SVER always wins.

#1FoldedtowelsPosted 1/9/2010 9:29:03 PM

Sure, our sabotage map is pretty defensible, but something I noticed while defending it: There always seem to be so many snipers on the enemy team. Okay, so I'm running around going back to our objective and i get sniped a lot. But so what? The sniper is still way back in the hills, and point A still belongs to SVER. PROTIP: You have to go to the objectives to take them.

#2SpaceChefPosted 1/9/2010 9:37:55 PM
^This
---
PSN- SamsSlave
#356KPosted 1/9/2010 9:41:38 PM
it's amazing how stupid enemy snipers are when attacking our sabotage map...

lie prone in the same place sniping for 20 minutes, lose

what is going through their minds? lol
---
PSN: E-Nightmares ~~ ||~~ SVER > all
MAG and MW2 are two completely different shooters. Stop comparing them :/
#4AlternatePFGPosted 1/9/2010 9:43:57 PM

I swear, there was a match in where we were standing on A for about 10 minutes just standing on A, in almost complete silence except for a few sniper shots.

#5kingofjamaicaPosted 1/9/2010 9:48:53 PM

it's amazing how stupid enemy snipers are when attacking our sabotage map...

what is going through their minds? lol

I was sniping on the SVER Sabotage map, and I just sat in one spot because people kept coming through my field of vision. I was on the far left side of the map(from SVER's perspective), and there's a dropoff overlooking a narrow cement bridge thing. I got 20 kills in maybe 3-5 minutes because enemies kept running through there. The only thing they'd do is launch rockets at me and miss by a mile.

It didn't hurt that I had the AM50 so I could destroy them in one shot.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#6darkmaster2001Posted 1/9/2010 9:52:02 PM

I was sniping on the SVER Sabotage map, and I just sat in one spot because people kept coming through my field of vision. I was on the far left side of the map(from SVER's perspective), and there's a dropoff overlooking a narrow cement bridge thing. I got 20 kills in maybe 3-5 minutes because enemies kept running through there. The only thing they'd do is launch rockets at me and miss by a mile.

It didn't hurt that I had the AM50 so I could destroy them in one shot.

Not capturing objectives isn't going to win the game for you. :(
---
http://i43.tinypic.com/118ddtg.jpg
#7kingofjamaicaPosted 1/9/2010 9:53:29 PM

Not capturing objectives isn't going to win the game for you. :(

Not my job as a sniper. My job is to keep the enemies from getting to the objective, which I'd say I accomplished exceedingly well.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#8SoljahPosted 1/9/2010 9:53:47 PM
because these dumb asses think that a kd ratio is good... even if it is 2-1 or something stupid, they also dont realize that taking a post (or w/e it is) nets your 20 exp... thats 4 kills for not shooting your gun xD

ontop of that you get frago bonuses....

Its CoD's fault that SVER is winning, because most of them went to raven or valor.... which sucks because im in valor and i feel like im the only one strategically trying to infiltrate.
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
Which is worse Ignorance or Apathy - I dont know and I dont care. ^_^
#9darkmaster2001Posted 1/9/2010 9:54:52 PM

Not my job as a sniper. My job is to keep the enemies from getting to the objective, which I'd say I accomplished exceedingly well.

Have you read this topic at all? :\
---
http://i43.tinypic.com/118ddtg.jpg
#10kingofjamaicaPosted 1/9/2010 10:00:44 PM

Have you read this topic at all? :\

Yes, I did read the topic. His point was that too many snipers can't win a match since they don't take objectives. That's not the fault of snipers in general. They're doing their jobs. They're sitting back and taking out targets. THAT'S A SNIPER'S JOB. The problem he's talking about is too many people doing it in a single match, something I have yet to experience. I've never had more than two snipers per squad, which is an ideal amount.

That's part of the problem with this game. People don't understand the role they're to play. A sniper should be sitting back taking out targets from a distance. Direct Assault should be doing just that, directly assaulting the objectives. Field Support should be healing or repairing stuff.

The point is, if a sniper is up taking an objective(which I've done many times), it's because the rest of their team isn't doing its job.
---