IGN's review

#1omar-haqPosted 3/6/2012 12:51:05 PM

Greg is a terrible and biased reviewer

http://imgur.com/UZ51M,Gzs4b#0

http://imgur.com/UZ51M,Gzs4b#1

If you don't get the 2nd one, its because the novel The Road never actually mentions the catastrophic event that occurs

#2WCK619Posted 3/6/2012 2:47:12 PM

The Road movie also doesn't mention the event.

#3jungfreudPosted 3/6/2012 11:37:55 PM
This review is so laughably bad I think one can make a strong argument that he is just trolling everyone.

"Also, it takes way too long to fire the damn bow."

"There's no impact to the deaths."

"Again, this sounds like an interesting gameplay mechanic, but it ends up being lame."

These are the exact things a 10 year old would say about a game. I mean, I don't expect a dissertation here, but just randomly complaining for 3 paragraphs, throwing out a generic closing comment, and calling it a day? They need to start paying these guys per word instead of per review. This one must have taken all of 5 minutes, and I'm guessing that is about the same amount of time he actually played the game.
#4jungfreudPosted 3/6/2012 11:57:44 PM
oh, btw, I can review it too:

"y u no uncharted?!?!?!?!?"

4.5/10
#5trenkenPosted 3/8/2012 8:39:51 AM(edited)
So because the game is just flat out bad, which we can confirm by multiple reviews now, it must be the reviewers and not the game.

Ok.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#6TakitusMaximusPosted 3/8/2012 1:33:42 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and opinions cannot be wrong.

#7TakitusMaximusPosted 3/8/2012 1:34:36 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and opinions cannot be wrong.

#8jungfreudPosted 3/8/2012 2:14:22 PM
trenken posted...
So because the game is just flat out bad, which we can confirm by multiple reviews now, it must be the reviewers and not the game.

Ok.

No, the review is flat out bad. You can not like the game but if your job is to review it you owe it to your readers that it not come off like a drunken facebook post.

And to the opinions can't be wrong guy, I don't even know where to start. You are saying that a guy who is paid to play video games and attempt to objectively rate them has no higher standard than any random guy off the street who picks up a game and plays for 5 minutes? Why doesn't he just review it based on the trailer, then? Uninformed opinions can be very wrong, indeed.
#9PhaseknoxPosted 3/11/2012 3:20:13 PM
trenken posted...

Check the reviews again, it's getting mostly 7s, 8s and 9s. It's a great game. I picked it up yesterday and I played it for 5 hours so far and I'm only halfway through. If you just rush through the story then it's a little short, but you're going to want to explore to find items since they're needed and help the other survivors you meet which are like side quests.

It seems like a budget retail game, not a downloadable game. I would have paid $40 for it if it came out in stores. $15 is a steal for it IMO. It's like a mix of Disaster Report, Silent Hill and Uncharted. It's old school where there are items, no regenerating health and you need to figure out where to go and how to get to places. It's challenging, too. If you like action adventure survival games with climbing and platforming, you will like it.
#10GapingMawPosted 3/14/2012 3:28:52 PM

trenken posted...

Ok.

BAM: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/i-am-alive/critic-reviews

Care to rethink your post?