That's it? *Ending spoilers*

#1SunricerPosted 4/5/2012 3:56:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the game went from being a retail release, to nearly canceled to now being a PSN game.
But the ending sorta seems, unfinished? What happened to Henry, I think he got kidnapped? Did the main character die or something? How did the woman watching the recordings get the camera and all his gear? Did he ever find his wife and daughter?
Why did they leave so much unanswered? :(
#2TwiztidJackelPosted 4/5/2012 6:13:17 PM
My take was that the woman was his wife, and she somehow got his equipment (it was all on the table as the shot zoomed out.) I'm not thrilled with the ending, but it did make sense, there's no way someone would survive that forever, not when you're up for every stupid side-quest to help others that could possibly be asked. I'm pretty sure that was intended to be the first "section" of a full retail release, but after a lack of funding, they cut it there.
---
PSN: TwiztidJackel - iOS Gamecenter: TwiztidJackel
Playing: KZ3 - UC3 - BF3 - ME3 - Gotham City Impostors - SOCOM 4 - RocketBirds - Dungeon Defenders -RE:ORC
#3Sunricer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2012 7:00:00 AM
His wife isn't blond though, least she didn't look like it from the photo in the beginning.
#4GunzleaderPosted 4/6/2012 9:13:05 AM
another game where you die in the end great. i'll be purchasing chrono trigger instead.
---
Hopeing for a console phantasy star online II.
#5thedawgXDPosted 4/8/2012 1:26:12 AM
Gunzleader posted...
another game where you die in the end great.

Nope, try again.
---
Re: The Great Escape: A come-from-behind win.
"Am I the only one who thought the topic title was about pulling the Houdini on some chick?"
#6Fawkes_WerefoxPosted 4/8/2012 11:51:28 AM
>.> Did anyone ever think that maaaaybe there will be a sequel. Perhaps the ending (which I have seen today) Is a possible cliffhanger? I've seen enough game endings to recognize it as one. Just Saying.
#7Sunricer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 1:57:48 PM
I honestly think they just slapped together what story was planned for the full retail game and put it together well enough so it would work and sold it to us. Though I'd love a sequel, or even a full retail game. The game's ending feels like it could have been 1/3rd into the game or maybe the mid point. =(
#8MondrathPosted 4/9/2012 2:43:23 AM

It's pretty obvious from the ending that they have kept their options open. If it sells, the next "chapter" will be released as DLC and maybe continue for several parts. If it doesn't sell well, then they won't add anything and you can infer that the protagonist died.

#9Naked ApePosted 4/9/2012 8:31:22 AM
Mondrath posted...
If it sells, the next "chapter" will be released as DLC and maybe continue for several parts.

Is this a fact? I hope this isn't just hearsay or wishful thinking.
---
Where else is nudity at a premium? The other primates are of no help...
~CoZO~ The Others ~ No Cry For Odessa
#10GenocideHeartPosted 4/10/2012 2:18:49 AM
Gunzleader posted...
another game where you die in the end great. i'll be purchasing chrono trigger instead.

Boy, are you gonna be in for a rude awakening in the Dark Age... XD
---
** PSN ID: GenocideHeart **
Does Hydlide really count as a game? I thought it was supposed to be some kind of torture session. --Tocawe