played the demo... does it get any better?

#1PunishmePosted 4/13/2012 10:21:02 AM
I had been following this game for ages and had been a huge fan of the survival game on the ps2 where you start of as a waiter and then have to work with the people on board the ship to survive.

this game feels to linner, like my hands being held through the entire game. This would not be so bad if you could join a group of npcs and have to ration with them so they don't die. Or just to add some flavour to the game, I found wondering around doing uncharted climbing and then the basic combat (if that) very lifeless and boring.

Does the game get any better after to demo?
Do you meet interesting npcs that you can help survive, join etc
Does the combat feel less like that batman begins game "this is what you have to do to not die' and more like "oh crap what do I do here... I can't kill all these guys I gotta run!' Kinda game?

It just did not feel like a harsh survival game at all, well from the demo. Hopefully you get more freedom and the sense that stuff could go bad in the full game?
#2You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/13/2012 2:35:26 PM
Yes, it gets better, more interesting, and gives you more options, but not by a whole lot. The demo is the first two areas, and the rest of the game is the same, just more expansive. Climbing sections get longer and have different routes you can take, and the exploration of the city becomes a lot less linear and more focused on actual survival. Enemies also get more aggressive, appear in larger numbers, some wear armour and some just plain attack you on sight. There are even parts where you can sneak around if you want, though it's totally up to you if you wanna do it that way.

The demo is a shot-glass whereas the game is a pint. You're still drinking the same stuff, but it's from a larger glass.
#3gm914Posted 4/14/2012 9:40:16 AM
Honestly, it just doesnt get better.
---
SH_NANIG_NS! Just add EA.
#4Punishme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2012 6:59:23 AM
Thanks for the replies ill give this one a miss
#5jhainesPosted 4/16/2012 6:07:26 PM
I enjoyed Disaster Report and Raw Danger (the PS2 game you referred to), and I enjoyed I Am Alive. I think the game does open up quite a bit compared to the demo, and that it has a lot to offer. Well worth the $15 despite the weak ending, IMO.

- Jer
More topics from this board...
title screen themegreen_abobo14/18 10:32PM