Cheap gameplay

#1ohioguy452Posted 4/17/2012 9:18:02 AM
I thought this game would be better really..I know it's a free demo, but the graphics are pretty cheap and the gameplay could be better.. You can't really climb on things or explore, definitely not an open world environment. I don't think this game would be worth buying. Save your money..
#2You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/17/2012 10:15:00 AM
If you're basing that opinion on the demo, which serves an a mere tutorial for the rest of the game, I don't really think you have much right to judge what the full game has to offer for other people.

Now if you actually paid for and completed the game, your words might be worth something, but I have a feeling that isn't the case.
#3tom20_05Posted 4/18/2012 5:06:06 AM

If you're basing that opinion on the demo, which serves an a mere tutorial for the rest of the game, I don't really think you have much right to judge what the full game has to offer for other people.

Now if you actually paid for and completed the game, your words might be worth something, but I have a feeling that isn't the case.

After playing the demo, I enjoyed it. I thought it had decent gameplay elements that I haven't seen in other games. Something that bothered me was the fact that a LOT of objects just had no textures, I mean, for a demo, that's pretty crappy. Is it the same in the full game?

I'm guessing you've played the full game, would you recommend it?
#4You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/18/2012 5:49:51 AM
I loved it and the demo really doesn't show off all that the game offers, but it is short and has virtually no replay value.

About the missing textures though...I mean, yeah, the graphics are what you'd expect of a budget title, but they're still really good - the game doesn't look like a PS2 game or anything, but I've never seen missing textures or plain flat surfaces. A lot of the outdoor environments, when the sun is out, are very washed out to give you that apocalypse kind of feeling, but texture work is still decent throughout, and the indoor areas look good.

If I were to recommend this to anyone, it'd be fans of the old Silent Hill games who don't much care for the supernatural elements.
#5gm914Posted 4/18/2012 7:13:22 PM
Graphics are shoddy. Step in a puddle. Any puddle. Wheres the reflection?
LOL at the people making excuses because of the budget title.

Journey is a budget title. Compare.

Not seeing your reflection in puddles I expect from the PS1 era
(or in vampire games, obviously), not in 2012.
---
SH_NANIG_NS! Just add EA.
#6You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/19/2012 7:52:14 AM
Despite that being a valid point, and the fact that water seems to be supernatural in this game overall (on the bridge in the beginning, near a section close to where you jump from strut to strut to enter the sewers, there's a puddle that's standing well over 45 degrees...just...stuck to the side of the wall. It's pretty funny!), there's, like, a grand total of three puddles in the entire game once you pass the initial bridge section, and if you're basing the overall gameplay quality of a title on whether puddles have reflections or not, you should just stop playing games altogether...

...no offense.
#7squiggy9996999Posted 4/19/2012 8:15:28 AM
"You can't really climb on things or explore"

i know, it's like this morning when i was coming to work and i climbed up to the 12th floor of the chrysler building and then realized that i had forgotten my sunglasses, luckily another climber had lost a pair in the exact same spot so i wasn't late for work.

good thing we all climb buildings and explore in real life so often as part of our regular lives. i hate games with boring people who can't climb, jump 20 feet or even use super powers, because it's like, "why can't game be filled with guys who are more manly and real, like me". :P