Can you eternally screw up in this game?`

#1riouken1234Posted 4/17/2012 2:31:39 PM
Hey guys! Enjoying the game so far. Love the atmosphere and the take on combat. Not very far into it.

My question is: Given the fact that there are a certain amount of retries, linear platforming and resource management. Is it possible that you can just reach a point in the game where you say, "Ok.... I have no resources and this wall is just too high to climb. Back to the save point I guess... But wait, at the beginning of that savepoint, I had limited resources anyway. ~So now what, start the game over?"

Just want to get to grips with exactly what type of game this is. I usually end up hoarding all my resources in this game anyway for fear of this situation haha.
#2You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/17/2012 6:20:31 PM
Not really. At most, I'd say the worst you could do is run out of bullets, and that'd even be manageable.

Every area has lots of supplies scattered about for what's up ahead, and honestly, I used LOTS of supplies on my first playthrough, which was on Survival, and I still had a huge stockpile of EVERYTHING by the time I finished the game.

And even if you do totally screw up, the worst that happens is you restart that Chapter, which might equal a grand total of, like, ten minutes at the most.
#3riouken1234(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 7:09:39 PM
Ahhh, I didn't know you could just start from the beginning of the chapter. That's cool.

Thanks man!
#4vivalatourPosted 4/18/2012 2:42:04 AM

I am not great at this game , but to use all your gifted products

up ? c'mon man are you playing with the game set to the darkest point

with shades on :cool:

#5You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/18/2012 4:55:33 AM
Ha ha ha, walking around the street drinking cans of pop one after another while shooting light posts, ha ha! Yeah, you might be in trouble then, but you'd have to intentionally screw yourself to reach a point where you just can't progress.