Is there only one mode? Free roam? Not the bees!

#1GuyCarlPetersonPosted 3/10/2012 9:24:54 AM
I wanna get this but I was wondering what there is too do after you beat the game. I know there are two difficulties, but what can you do other then keep playing the main story over and over? Is the main story very long so that doesn't matter?

Also, I played the demo and it seemed a lot less free roam then I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be kind of like Splinter Cell where you have a target area to get to and a bunch of ways to get there. Does it open up more as you go on?

What is wrong with this game that have so many people on the fence about it? In the demo the combat was off putting at first, but once I understood the strategy behind it, it made a lot of sense. Actually makes things realistic and hard. The grainy filter thing was kind of annoying at first but I adjusted. So is there some kind of ground breaking glitch? Does it get really repetitive?
---
Not being able to look pretty girls in the eyes isn't all bad. I can see if they are wearing a wedding ring while I look towards the ground.
#2L337_RemasteredPosted 3/11/2012 11:29:53 AM
I'm about 3 hours in, and I honestly don't think I've gotten really anywhere. If you actually look around to rescue all the survivors I'm guessing it's probably like a 6-8 hour game depending on your skill level. It is NOT a free roam game (although at one point in the game you can sort of go free roam to help all the survivors) But it really is a linear game. It is NOTHING like splinter cell, the combat is VERY amazing, it is so realistic and the combat is to short to be tedious. The biggest problem people complain about is that dying is unforgiving because there are very few checkpoints. But thats the point of this game, to be unrealistic. I REALLY reccomend getting it.
---
One death today is a tragedy, but when hundreds of thousands die fighting for their country, it's just another statistic.
#3HorteyPosted 3/11/2012 11:39:05 AM

Later in the game there are ways to free roam around a good portion of the cities, and there are several area's where you can go different climbing routes to get to the same endgoal but for the most part you are tied to the story.  I'd love for them to patch in the ability to do some freeroam though or maybe a mode in the next game... where all the buildings you went to (including the boat and dock) are open so you can just pick day or night (or have it cycle) and wander around.