The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What's the point of ease dropping if the dialog flat out lies?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. I Am Alive
  3. What's the point of ease dropping if the dialog flat out lies?

User Info: CalistoCoon

CalistoCoon
5 years ago#1
"If I saw that guy I'd shoot his nuts off."

"Yeah, like you have any bullets."

"Well, you'd be surprised how far you can get with just an empty gun."

So I use this time to shoot the armored guy in the head, only to be shot dead by the guy just talking about not having any ammo.
GT:Emotional Hobo

User Info: M4karov

M4karov
5 years ago#2
You should have believed the part about shooting your nuts off

User Info: CalistoCoon

CalistoCoon
5 years ago#3
Yeah, I imagine the enemies will shoot no matter what, even if they say they have no ammo. Kind of like how you will kill a guy and you will just get an empty gun, even though you know if you didn't kill him he would of fired on you.
GT:Emotional Hobo

User Info: Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90
5 years ago#4
People with guns tend to shoot until you're dead. They'll kill you and leave behind zero to 1 bullet at most. Strange how everyone has a surplus of bullets.
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90

User Info: M4karov

M4karov
5 years ago#5
It's kind of a gameplay issue. How would bluffing with an empty gun work for NPC's? Players aren't likely to put their hands up.

User Info: green_abobo

green_abobo
5 years ago#6
patch the bullet and freeze issues already.

silly digital, DRM ridden games...

User Info: Banjo_oz

Banjo_oz
5 years ago#7
@M4karov I see what you mean, but I actually think that with some careful thought, that could actually have been done in the game if they'd wanted to.

Imagine: if one shot kills you... and you don't know if the guy pointing a gun at you has ammo or not (random chance he's bluffing or not?), will you risk a retry that he's lying and "rush him" with your machete? Or will you "waste" a bullet on him in case he DOES have ammo, so you can drop him first? Maybe his machete-carrying friend is actually MORE of a threat if he is holding an empty gun... who do you attack first?

In a perfect world, as well as the simple "press X to tell them to back up" system, they'd have let you choose one of two "dialog choices" when locked on to an enemy. E.g.

Bad Guy (with gun): "Hey, you! Back off or I'll shoot!"

You (press X): "Easy now! I don't want any trouble." (if you want to back away and leave)
You (press Y): "I'm thinking that gun is empty..." (if you want to call his bluff and shoot/attack)

The Bad Guy - if challenged - might back down if he's "weak" (random chance?) and/or lying... or continue to threaten/bluff if "confident" or really does have ammo.

Etc.

Maybe the conversation stuff would have been a lot of work to program (it still bugs me that I can't *talk* to guys waving guns and machetes at me... just kill them or run away), but I don't see how the first option - sometimes they DON'T have any bullets - would break the game.

And yeah, it kind of bugs me too that IAA "gun enemies" have unlimited ammo... then have just one or no bullets when searched after death.

User Info: Stedinator

Stedinator
5 years ago#8
That's a pretty cool idea, though it bugs me more that you can only use machetes for surprise and struggle kills (in the demo at least unless I did it wrong) Kind of annoying when you have to waste a bullet on a guy when he and his buddy just have machetes.
"I'm going to go do British things, like drink cups of tea and eat bangers and mash, that sort of thing...because I'm British"

User Info: AJ24122

AJ24122
5 years ago#9

That's a pretty cool idea, though it bugs me more that you can only use machetes for surprise and struggle kills (in the demo at least unless I did it wrong) Kind of annoying when you have to waste a bullet on a guy when he and his buddy just have machetes.

Well you normally get a bullet when there's more than one person with a gun, so it's all good.
http://i44.tinypic.com/23w9q54.png
  1. Boards
  2. I Am Alive
  3. What's the point of ease dropping if the dialog flat out lies?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived