The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What's the point of ease dropping if the dialog flat out lies?

#1CalistoCoonPosted 3/13/2012 11:07:55 AM
"If I saw that guy I'd shoot his nuts off."

"Yeah, like you have any bullets."

"Well, you'd be surprised how far you can get with just an empty gun."

So I use this time to shoot the armored guy in the head, only to be shot dead by the guy just talking about not having any ammo.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2M4karovPosted 3/13/2012 11:12:35 AM
You should have believed the part about shooting your nuts off
#3CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 11:42:02 AM
Yeah, I imagine the enemies will shoot no matter what, even if they say they have no ammo. Kind of like how you will kill a guy and you will just get an empty gun, even though you know if you didn't kill him he would of fired on you.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#4Xerosnake90Posted 3/13/2012 11:58:16 AM
People with guns tend to shoot until you're dead. They'll kill you and leave behind zero to 1 bullet at most. Strange how everyone has a surplus of bullets.
---
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90
#5M4karovPosted 3/13/2012 12:20:25 PM
It's kind of a gameplay issue. How would bluffing with an empty gun work for NPC's? Players aren't likely to put their hands up.
#6green_aboboPosted 3/13/2012 9:55:01 PM
patch the bullet and freeze issues already.

silly digital, DRM ridden games...
#7Banjo_ozPosted 3/15/2012 8:48:44 PM
@M4karov I see what you mean, but I actually think that with some careful thought, that could actually have been done in the game if they'd wanted to.

Imagine: if one shot kills you... and you don't know if the guy pointing a gun at you has ammo or not (random chance he's bluffing or not?), will you risk a retry that he's lying and "rush him" with your machete? Or will you "waste" a bullet on him in case he DOES have ammo, so you can drop him first? Maybe his machete-carrying friend is actually MORE of a threat if he is holding an empty gun... who do you attack first?

In a perfect world, as well as the simple "press X to tell them to back up" system, they'd have let you choose one of two "dialog choices" when locked on to an enemy. E.g.

Bad Guy (with gun): "Hey, you! Back off or I'll shoot!"

You (press X): "Easy now! I don't want any trouble." (if you want to back away and leave)
You (press Y): "I'm thinking that gun is empty..." (if you want to call his bluff and shoot/attack)

The Bad Guy - if challenged - might back down if he's "weak" (random chance?) and/or lying... or continue to threaten/bluff if "confident" or really does have ammo.

Etc.

Maybe the conversation stuff would have been a lot of work to program (it still bugs me that I can't *talk* to guys waving guns and machetes at me... just kill them or run away), but I don't see how the first option - sometimes they DON'T have any bullets - would break the game.

And yeah, it kind of bugs me too that IAA "gun enemies" have unlimited ammo... then have just one or no bullets when searched after death.
#8StedinatorPosted 3/19/2012 6:19:47 PM
That's a pretty cool idea, though it bugs me more that you can only use machetes for surprise and struggle kills (in the demo at least unless I did it wrong) Kind of annoying when you have to waste a bullet on a guy when he and his buddy just have machetes.
---
"I'm going to go do British things, like drink cups of tea and eat bangers and mash, that sort of thing...because I'm British"
#9AJ24122Posted 3/19/2012 7:12:30 PM

That's a pretty cool idea, though it bugs me more that you can only use machetes for surprise and struggle kills (in the demo at least unless I did it wrong) Kind of annoying when you have to waste a bullet on a guy when he and his buddy just have machetes.

Well you normally get a bullet when there's more than one person with a gun, so it's all good.
---
http://i44.tinypic.com/23w9q54.png