First Impression - this is a good game

#1MukaPosted 2/18/2009 7:18:03 PM
I got the japanese version yesterday. This is my impression for Wii gamers who have never played the 360 version before cuz honestly if you got the 360 version, I don't see why you would want a downgraded port unless you are a huge DR fan. With that said, the Wii version is definitely a good game. regarding the biggest concern - number of zombies - here are my impressions

- there ARE actually a lot of zombies surrounding you at all times unlike all the videos we have seen so far. this is a very pleasant surprise for me. even in your first fight, you are surrounded by about 15-20 zombies and i wasn't even able to walk 2 steps without getting attacked.

- in the first rescue mission with zombies (save the twins) i came close to dying 2 or 3 times playing on Normal difficulty and i had to eat a few fruits to replenish my life. this time, with a baseball bat, i couldnt swing a few times without getting attacked. if u dont have a weapon you are basically screwed because the zombies will take you out in a hurry.

basically if you are worried that you the mall will be empty and you will be running around taking out 1 or 2 zombies at a time, i can tell you now. DON'T WORRY. this game is much better than that. as long as you are not looking for the exact experience as the original on 360, you will be fine. i find this game really really fun.
---
STUNOCLD!! STONCLD!! SOTNLCLS!!! BYADG GOSLNT EOLCDD IS BACK!!!!
#2ShadowlinkexPosted 2/18/2009 7:22:37 PM
i wuv j00 :)

Dammit, I can't get it on release date<_____<......
---
Sig won't change til' CAPCOM uses Wii and Resident Evil 5/RE5 in a sentence in 09'!
Day #: 32(Call me a child, but CAPCOM's being a *****.
#3B18ChampPosted 2/18/2009 7:27:51 PM
I have two questions.

1. How many difficulties are there?
2. Any idea on how many modes there are?
#4Muka(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2009 7:32:47 PM
there are Easy Normal and Hard

blood also has 3 options green red and none
violence also: low mid high

of course i set mine to High + red lol
---
#5Muka(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2009 7:33:33 PM
i forgot your other question

so far i think theres only story mode? i read if u beat the game u will open up Quest Mode to fight special missions
---
#6BlueRamzaPosted 2/18/2009 7:36:21 PM
Very cool. Question, have you mixed drinks yet?
---
Ranma Saotome "What are you? A panda! Don't do that!"
#7ShadowlinkexPosted 2/18/2009 7:36:50 PM
And how's the re4 system working out? Makes the game better? Or equal/average?
---
Sig won't change til' CAPCOM uses Wii and Resident Evil 5/RE5 in a sentence in 09'!
#8Muka(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2009 7:44:01 PM
nope havent mixed drinks yet

and the new shooting system is fun to use just like RE4. u aim with the cursor and it turns red when u line it up with the zombies head so u know u have a head shot that will stun the zombie,t hen u can run in for the waggle finishing move (homerun swing, running tackle etc)
---
#9rdh80Posted 2/18/2009 7:45:50 PM
MELEE WEAPONS!?! Are there a fair amount of melee weapons? Also how are the guns? Thanks in advance.
---
My boy, this @$%* is what all true warriors must strive for.
#10ShadowlinkexPosted 2/18/2009 7:45:54 PM
Nice, nice. K, one more question. Is the game intense? Enough for a hardcore gamer to enjoy?(Or at least reach possible standards...) I find it that the new re4 style system makes it intense as you have to aim and zombies can come from different directions.
---