SWTOR Expansions?

#1cheat_a_natorPosted 6/24/2010 4:30:00 PM

Do you guys think TOR will have expansions you have to pay for? Or will it be like EVE with the free expansions? What do you think?:shock:

#2lazy_titanPosted 6/24/2010 4:34:46 PM
will have to pay for them im sure...
---
No, Im not a pessimist. At some point the world craps on everybody. Pretending it aint crap makes you an idiot, not an optimist." ****mydadsays.tumblr.com
#3PosidonCKHPosted 6/24/2010 5:22:43 PM
I would happily pay additionally for expansions that greatly expand my play experience (like the inevitable space expansion), but I do feel that the 15 bucks I am going to be asked to pay monthly should provide additional story lines, PVE instances and PVP maps/play types for free throughout the year.
#4Ddh8228Posted 6/24/2010 6:30:18 PM
Expansions in this would be easy to pull off. Simply add new planets with new content. I do agree that part of our monthly fee should be used to add new content to preexisting areas.
#5wis3boiPosted 6/24/2010 6:48:30 PM

PosidonCKH posted...
I would happily pay additionally for expansions that greatly expand my play experience (like the inevitable space expansion), but I do feel that the 15 bucks I am going to be asked to pay monthly should provide additional story lines, PVE instances and PVP maps/play types for free throughout the year.

That's preety inevitable...WoW hands out raids and stuff for practically free

#6JamieK1981Posted 6/24/2010 7:06:47 PM
yep, wow surely does, but then players limit who can go based on their idea of the minimum gearscore requirements.

To them, they think its like this:

Heroics: 5k gearscore

Any Raids: 5.9k

If you are lower then that, you get kicked, being called a noob.

I think we should just wait until the game is out before we talk about expansions.
#7shszillaPosted 6/25/2010 6:26:39 AM
yep, wow surely does, but then players limit who can go based on their idea of the minimum gearscore requirements.

1) The proper response is "Heroics are srs biz" and then vote kicking the elitist.
2) All players are not the same. Your argument is invalid.

Also, those numbers are too high.
---
Real men do not starve, as real men eat themselves when they are hungry when there is no food nearby. This is not a problem, as real men regenerates lost limbs.
#8th_sleeper13Posted 6/25/2010 7:26:12 AM
There will be expansion, but you will have to pay for them. There is already a bunch of possible expansion. New classes and races, more space content, more planets with missions and or battles etc. Each expansion could be rather expansive so for we will haev to pay for them.

Given the sucess of WoW, I'm sure bioware will release free patches and content from time to time. However the bulk of out monthly fees go to maintenance and development. It all really depends on how dynamic the game world is. Blizzard likes to have game wide events and holidays, its yet to be known if bioware plans on having a similar focus social events.
#9SlaynPosted 6/25/2010 11:45:05 AM
I am sure the will make us pay for expansions. If the game does well, the story line will keep continuing for a long time, this will be a story driven MMO.

Don't fool yourself to think that they NEED to release and charge for expansions though. Blizzard would do just fine giving everyone all the expansions for free, but where is the money in that when millions of fans are easy willing to dish out another $30 for an xpac on top of the $15/mo.

Blizzard is making sooooooooo much money off of WOW it isn't funny.
---
MH3: 1WRPAG - Slayn ( Add me! )
#10wis3boiPosted 6/25/2010 11:50:06 AM

JamieK1981 posted...

I think we should just wait until the game is out before we talk about expansions.

Gearscore = addon for epeen flexing