Smugglers and Companions

#1RPG_ApostlePosted 7/27/2011 2:16:21 PM
Quick question, and maybe I'm just venting because I'm not getting my way....

Anyone else a little upset Smugglers don't get a Jedi companion?

Sure, wookiee companions seem to be exclusive to them, but... I dunno.

I planned to run Solo mostly, and was hoping to have a Han/Luke combination running around.

Any thoughts on this?

Side note: From what I'm hearing, one of the Knights companions (Kira) actually seems to be the main characters Apprentice. Can anyone confirm this, and how do they get to be so lucky?
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#2TomServosMyHeroPosted 7/27/2011 2:19:58 PM
Unfortunately, Jedi have taken over Star Wars for the most part. Everything is about them now. For this reason they're almost always in a main character position. The only times they aren't is when they play second fiddle to another, more powerful Jedi.

Doesn't make much sense to have a Jedi kowtow to a lowly smuggler.
---
"If you ever get glitter on you, prepare to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
#3puma027Posted 7/27/2011 2:25:10 PM
(1) Corso Riggs -Ord Mantell
-Ranged Tank
-Heavy Armor
-Uses Blaster Pistols and Blaster Rifles
-has a Taunt ability
Crew Skills: +5 Underworld Trading Efficiency, +5 Armstech Critical

(2) Bowdaar -Nar Shaddaa (Wookie)
-Melee Tank
-Heavy Armor,
-vibroswords/blades/
Crew Skills: +10 Cybertech Efficiency, +10 Scavenging Efficiency

(3) Risha -Alderaan
- Ranged Dps
- Medium Armor
- Uses Rifle, Sniper Rifle
- Barrage mode (aoe mode)
- Grenade Kit

(4)Akavi Spaar -Balmorra
-Ranged DPS
-Heavy Armor
-Flamethrower move

(5) Guss Tuno -Hoth (Mon Calamari)
-Healer
-Medium Armor,
-Blasters

Wookie I believe is confirmed.

Unknown if these others are just potential or that all will eventually join you as a smuggler at some point.

This is info that I have copied and pasted from a reliable source, tho all is subject to change by launch.
---
Official Representative from the Heavy Metal Honor Guard of V's FF X-2 SB Spiran Voodoo Lounge
#4Kain RebornPosted 7/27/2011 2:31:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5RPG_Apostle(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 2:57:28 PM
puma027 posted...
(1) Corso Riggs -Ord Mantell
-Ranged Tank
-Heavy Armor
-Uses Blaster Pistols and Blaster Rifles
-has a Taunt ability
Crew Skills: +5 Underworld Trading Efficiency, +5 Armstech Critical

(2) Bowdaar -Nar Shaddaa (Wookie)
-Melee Tank
-Heavy Armor,
-vibroswords/blades/
Crew Skills: +10 Cybertech Efficiency, +10 Scavenging Efficiency

(3) Risha -Alderaan
- Ranged Dps
- Medium Armor
- Uses Rifle, Sniper Rifle
- Barrage mode (aoe mode)
- Grenade Kit

(4)Akavi Spaar -Balmorra
-Ranged DPS
-Heavy Armor
-Flamethrower move

(5) Guss Tuno -Hoth (Mon Calamari)
-Healer
-Medium Armor,
-Blasters

Wookie I believe is confirmed.

Unknown if these others are just potential or that all will eventually join you as a smuggler at some point.

This is info that I have copied and pasted from a reliable source, tho all is subject to change by launch.

I'm aware of the Cake. :)

That's why I already knew about Wookiee's being exclusive to Smugglers.

I understand what another poster said, about it not making sense for a Jedi to be second fiddle to a Smuggler. But as that person also said, the Jedi/Sith/Force is what SW is all about, so I had hoped they'd be implemented somehow into every class.

I mean... I understand it, I do. But really, who didn't want Han/Luke running around? I guess I'm just venting.
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#6TomServosMyHeroPosted 7/27/2011 3:02:12 PM
I suppose it could have worked if they went with a non-Jedi force user. Like a character that doesn't really follow the teachings of the Jedi, but is still considered one. Like Jolee Bindo, or Kyle Katarn before he joined the Jedi Order.

But really, I'm happy with the Smuggler companions. We get a Mon Calamari! :D
---
"If you ever get glitter on you, prepare to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
#7SpideyknightPosted 7/27/2011 3:12:00 PM
All force using classes get an apprentice force user. The Sith Inquisitor gets two force using companions. A fallen Jedi and their apprentice.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.