Tips on increasing slow download speed?

#1unctarheelsPosted 12/17/2011 12:03:53 AM
Sorry for one of these topics, but I used the search engine and didn't really see anything helpful. I'm a complete computer noob so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

I'm downloading the client right now, but it is going very slowly (well under 200 kb/s), and while I don't have incredible bandwidth i've run a speed test and I should be getting a much faster download than i am (especially since I read what speeds other people are getting). I've cut off my firewall, tried running the launcher as an administrator, and rebooted using selective startup (which actually made my internet stop working).

Anyone have any other ideas as to what I could do to increase the download speed? It's not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have this problem in the future when patching or whatever. Thanks for any help!
---
Gamertag: TarHeelBlue12
#2ATARIJAWAPosted 12/17/2011 12:16:48 AM(edited)
It doesn't matter what your speed is it's what speed the host is streaming it to you that matters. If there's a ton of people downloading the game at the same time it's going to be slow even if you have the fastest internet in the world. I have a 75 mbps download speed and it still took me almost 4 hours to download the game.

In other words there is nothing you can do to increase the speed.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 37
#3QuorthunPosted 12/17/2011 12:19:39 AM
There is absolutley nothing you can do to increase the downloading speed. Unless you call everyone currently download to stop downloading the game until you finish downloading the game. Or call Bioware and tell them to spend a couple more million dollars on a more powerful server.