Xpadder not working in game (Xbox 360 controller)

#31nmaharg81Posted 12/30/2011 2:51:55 PM
brokenfingers posted...
And I would love to see a pic of you holding shift+5+W+AorD. Please show me how much better that is than holding a controller like you normally would.

Well, since I don't need to hit A or D since I'm mouse-turning, I won't go into that. W+D+Shift+5 would be hard. W+A+Shift+5 is easy, though. Here's how: Middle finger is always on W. Index and ring default to E and Q respectively, while the thumb sits on Space in normal situations. It's then easy to pop my pinky down on shift and slide my index up to 5, or if I really need to stretch, pop my thumb over to 0. Not to mention that why would you have your most-used skills keyed to the Shift+ combos? Those should realistically be keyed to the plain numbers, which puts your most-used skills right there.

I'm not trying to argue it any more, I didn't know turn speed was independent of mouse speed. Just saying it really is pretty easy.

Again if thats what your use to great, but to me having all my keybinds right in the palm of my hand makes things much faster/easier. Just read what you wrote, hitting keybinds like that takes extra milliseconds that could be the difference between life and death in PvP. I think if alot of you KB+M guys actually tried using a controller you would be really surprised at how easy it is to pop off those oh crap I'm in trouble keybinds.

I don't know about you but I have 34 keybinds at level 46, 26 of which I use alot and I couldn't imagine how I would be able to bind them all easily using a KB+M. To each there own though.

I'm going to buy a naga soon to try that out as well. This is what PC gaming is about and why I love it so. You have so many different options, why limit yourself to one?
#32Ringlercorp(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 7:16:29 PM
jcosta223 posted...
jrings posted...
Anyone?

just defending my fellow troll, but it would be more logically for you to work at burger king living in ur parents basement when ur still windows xp... noob

Had you been paying attention, you would have seen my post DIRECTLY above yours stating "Running on Windows 7 now"

Thanks for coming out though.
#33Ringlercorp(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 7:18:29 PM
-Renegade posted...

jrings19 posted...

I am running Xpadder version 5.7 on Windows XP.I set up the profile within the Xpadder profile so it recognizes my Xbox 360 controller.However, in the game itself (Star Wars The Old Republic), the game will not recognize my controller when I try to map the keys.I am obviously missing something, can someone please help me?I've tried using the keyboard mouse combo, but I just can't get into it, I need a controller to play this game. I only use PvE so I don't care about getting smashed in PvP.

Have you mapped the key bindings to the controller in xpadder? Do your key bindings work without you logging into TOR?

Yeah, mapped all the keys... I will try it out on a different game and see what happens. I am obviously missing something, since everyone else using Xpadder doesn't seem to be having any problems.
#34-RenegadePosted 1/2/2012 8:05:09 PM

jrings19 posted...
I am running Xpadder version 5.7 on Windows XP.

I set up the profile within the Xpadder profile so it recognizes my Xbox 360 controller.

However, in the game itself (Star Wars The Old Republic), the game will not recognize my controller when I try to map the keys.

I am obviously missing something, can someone please help me?

I've tried using the keyboard mouse combo, but I just can't get into it, I need a controller to play this game. I only use PvE so I don't care about getting smashed in PvP.

Okay had this same issue just happen to me. What I had to do to get it working again was disable User Account Controls in the Control Panel under security options. Also if you are using Xfire disable that to. Not sure if it was Xfire but I had enabled Xfire and User Account Control and Xpadder had stopped working in SWTOR.

#35Ringlercorp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2012 9:01:48 AM
Thanks Renegade, that seemed to have worked!