Is the Sith Warrior story still good if you play light side? No spoilers please

#1Flash2BeasleyPosted 12/29/2011 1:24:47 PM
80/80

For those who have played through the Sith Warrior story, is there a way to play mostly light side and still have it make sense? Or is it best played with a mostly dark side character?
#2MugaazPosted 12/29/2011 2:13:22 PM
My brother is light side warrior, and it works out pretty well. A few too many "I must destroy my target, only to forgive them when they get to 4%hp", but its fine.

I've found the evil inquisitor story to be better overall, but the sith warrior one has better characters.
#3SpinnahPosted 12/29/2011 2:22:31 PM
Light side Sith is "get the job done, but be a people's hero". Dark side Sith is "kill everyone and **** their mothers". So yeah, it makes sense.
#4PteranPosted 12/29/2011 2:24:25 PM
I found the Warrior LS story to still make plenty of sense. The Inquisitor story just feels like it has to be DS. Granted, I haven't made it very far into the Inquisitor story (like one mission into Dromund Kaas) <_<
---
"Im talking about 2 hits. I hit you, you hit the floor." - Keenan
Pterribad///Nite Pterror
#5Flash2Beasley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 3:31:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Seems the only negative then is I won't have the option to romance one of the Warrior companions (Jaessa I believe her name is?). I'll live.
#6SlyvenPosted 12/30/2011 9:19:11 PM
I disagree. (Pure Light side here. No DS points at all @ L50)

I think the Light Sith Warrior story makes very little sense.
You do a lot of Dark Sided things. But just because you choose to enslave vs kill makes your light side?

There are some true light side choices that make you say ah, this might look up. But it has no impact on the overall story. You are still the tool of death and destruction. It just happens to be your day job, not who you are.

And you continue to call for peace, but you do the Sith biddings anyway, even when it gets to that part of the story where you are very much Vader (Enforcer extraordinaire. Cannot be stopped.)

/Shrug. It really does seem like an afterthought.
---
I used to hate weddings; all the Grandmas would poke me and say, "You're next sonny!" They stopped doing that when i started to do it to them at funerals.
#7Flash2Beasley(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 9:24:33 PM
childofbhaal posted...
I disagree. (Pure Light side here. No DS points at all @ L50)

I think the Light Sith Warrior story makes very little sense.
You do a lot of Dark Sided things. But just because you choose to enslave vs kill makes your light side?

There are some true light side choices that make you say ah, this might look up. But it has no impact on the overall story. You are still the tool of death and destruction. It just happens to be your day job, not who you are.

And you continue to call for peace, but you do the Sith biddings anyway, even when it gets to that part of the story where you are very much Vader (Enforcer extraordinaire. Cannot be stopped.)

/Shrug. It really does seem like an afterthought.

Thanks for this. I was curious if there was a huge decision point in the story, where being LS can actually make a difference on the outcome (like in KOTOR), but I guess not.

Still, I think I'll keep my Warrior mostly neutral.