• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Scoundrel or Gunslinger?

User Info: L_M_4

L_M_4
5 years ago#1
Can't really decide between them.

I already have a Powertech BH, so i was originaly just gonna go Gunslinger for the dual pistols, but I'm having second thoughts

Are Scatterguns/Stealth any fun? I'm not really worried about which class is easier/better for pvp or anything, just whichever one is most fun/interesting to play.
Psn: BloodFalcon

User Info: David_741

David_741
5 years ago#2
Scoundrels are good but if you already went Powertech you might want Gunslinger as both powertech and Scoundrels are mobile.

The gunslinger is pure ranged at 30-35m away while the Scondrel has mostly melee attacks and only really ranged for healing.
FC: 5286 0685 2561

User Info: IgotEpixx

IgotEpixx
5 years ago#3

Stealth/Melee/Healing (Scoundrel).

Versus.

Longest range in the game, pure DPS (Gunslinger).

It ultimately comes down to what you want to do.

User Info: SeerMagic

SeerMagic
5 years ago#4
from a purely animation standpoint, the gunslinger blows. all those talents and abilities, is just burst gun fire. looks like all the free attacks out there.
PLAYING - Star Wars:TOR ~ Splinter Cell ~ Summoner Wars
RE/WATCHING -The Shield ~ Chuck ~ Lost Girl

User Info: Tha FrenchFry

Tha FrenchFry
5 years ago#5
The Scrapper tree in the Scoundrel line is a lot of fun. Plus being able to heal is nice too, and when they bring in dual specs, you'll have a solid offspec to help get into groups.
Punching the balls off stupid people, one two-bag at a time.

User Info: L_M_4

L_M_4
5 years ago#6
Blahh, decisions. D:
Psn: BloodFalcon

User Info: jaredt13

jaredt13
5 years ago#7
Go scoundrel. Pure DPS classes are fun for a while, but you eventually end up regretting it in the long run.
"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User Info: Thechosenwaffle

Thechosenwaffle
5 years ago#8
Scoundrel = Stealth, Shotgun to the back of the head, pistol whip, quick shot to the face, nut shot, blow out their brains, the end.

Gunslinger = Hat, shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot repeat.
3DS Friend Code - 3609-1032-2596 Waffles (Wii game FCs in Quote)

User Info: Rocketdot

Rocketdot
5 years ago#9
Have you considered operative or sniper? They both seem cooler to me. Using a sniper rifle for long range DPS as compared to 2 pistols. Makes more sense.

And the operative attacks with a knife, along with a blaster rifle instead of a silly little pistol. Both of the imperial agents get little robot drones to help attack/defend, which is more 'Star Warsy' I think.

The scoundrel has a pistol but doesn't ever have the need to use it...Besides to pistol whip people. I love shotguns, but I think it is kind of silly you pull out a shotgun with your left hand and use it one handed, with the useless pistol always in your right hand. If the scoundrel only had a shotgun even for normal attacks, would be much better.

Overall the smuggler seems kind of silly and zany and doesn't really fit into the Star Wars universe, IMO.

User Info: AstroApe

AstroApe
5 years ago#10
"Overall the smuggler seems kind of silly and zany and doesn't really fit into the Star Wars universe, IMO."

Who is Han Solo?
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Scoundrel or Gunslinger?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived