Scoundrel or Gunslinger?

#1L_M_4Posted 1/14/2012 8:02:25 PM
Can't really decide between them.

I already have a Powertech BH, so i was originaly just gonna go Gunslinger for the dual pistols, but I'm having second thoughts

Are Scatterguns/Stealth any fun? I'm not really worried about which class is easier/better for pvp or anything, just whichever one is most fun/interesting to play.
---
Psn: BloodFalcon
#2David_741Posted 1/14/2012 8:04:34 PM
Scoundrels are good but if you already went Powertech you might want Gunslinger as both powertech and Scoundrels are mobile.

The gunslinger is pure ranged at 30-35m away while the Scondrel has mostly melee attacks and only really ranged for healing.
---
FC: 5286 0685 2561
#3IgotEpixxPosted 1/14/2012 8:05:32 PM

Stealth/Melee/Healing (Scoundrel).

Versus.

Longest range in the game, pure DPS (Gunslinger).

It ultimately comes down to what you want to do.

#4SeerMagicPosted 1/14/2012 8:06:41 PM
from a purely animation standpoint, the gunslinger blows. all those talents and abilities, is just burst gun fire. looks like all the free attacks out there.
---
PLAYING - Star Wars:TOR ~ Splinter Cell ~ Summoner Wars
RE/WATCHING -The Shield ~ Chuck ~ Lost Girl
#5Tha FrenchFryPosted 1/14/2012 8:15:17 PM
The Scrapper tree in the Scoundrel line is a lot of fun. Plus being able to heal is nice too, and when they bring in dual specs, you'll have a solid offspec to help get into groups.
---
Punching the balls off stupid people, one two-bag at a time.
#6L_M_4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2012 8:48:29 PM
Blahh, decisions. D:
---
Psn: BloodFalcon
#7jaredt13Posted 1/14/2012 8:55:10 PM
Go scoundrel. Pure DPS classes are fun for a while, but you eventually end up regretting it in the long run.
---
"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us." - Friedrich Nietzsche
#8ThechosenwafflePosted 1/14/2012 9:00:36 PM
Scoundrel = Stealth, Shotgun to the back of the head, pistol whip, quick shot to the face, nut shot, blow out their brains, the end.

Gunslinger = Hat, shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot repeat.
---
3DS Friend Code - 3609-1032-2596 Waffles (Wii game FCs in Quote)
#9RocketdotPosted 1/14/2012 9:12:28 PM
Have you considered operative or sniper? They both seem cooler to me. Using a sniper rifle for long range DPS as compared to 2 pistols. Makes more sense.

And the operative attacks with a knife, along with a blaster rifle instead of a silly little pistol. Both of the imperial agents get little robot drones to help attack/defend, which is more 'Star Warsy' I think.

The scoundrel has a pistol but doesn't ever have the need to use it...Besides to pistol whip people. I love shotguns, but I think it is kind of silly you pull out a shotgun with your left hand and use it one handed, with the useless pistol always in your right hand. If the scoundrel only had a shotgun even for normal attacks, would be much better.

Overall the smuggler seems kind of silly and zany and doesn't really fit into the Star Wars universe, IMO.
#10AstroApePosted 1/14/2012 11:16:03 PM
"Overall the smuggler seems kind of silly and zany and doesn't really fit into the Star Wars universe, IMO."

Who is Han Solo?