Launcher won't launch the game?

#1Karmic Dragon2003Posted 3/15/2012 1:01:26 PM
I'm not sure what's going on. I decided to try and jump in on my level 31 Sniper but the launcher won't launch the game for some reason. While my PC does suck, it has managed to run the game before on many occasions so I really don't understand why it won't run now?

The launcher starts as a process but nothing happens beyond that. At first I thought it might be updating since I haven't launched the game in quite a while but even after leaving it on for hours nothing has changed.

Since people will request screenshots of this I will pre-emptify them like so: http://i.imgur.com/vAKbZ.jpg

Anyone know what's going on or have they experienced anything like it? I still have an active SWTOR account so that shouldn't be a problem really.

I do remember a friend logged in on his account here a few weeks ago but surely that can't have screwed anything up.

I'm really at a loss here.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 111 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#2siglumdiobolikPosted 3/15/2012 1:50:14 PM
it has done this to me a few times as well, just end process, let it simmer for about 5 min..then restart your comp..let all the start up porgrams load and wait until your computer shows no signs of loading activity. (during this time your computer is resetting to defualt working config so let it do its job) once all of that happens (10min-1 1/2 hr depending on rig) make sure you close down all unessential backround programs then load the game.. it usually fixes the problem for me.. there are other work arounds but i dont know your competency level in computers and some of the other ways can get somewhat technical .. hope this helps and ill see you in the fleet
#3Karmic Dragon2003(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2012 10:36:18 AM
siglumdiobolik posted...
it has done this to me a few times as well, just end process, let it simmer for about 5 min..then restart your comp..let all the start up porgrams load and wait until your computer shows no signs of loading activity. (during this time your computer is resetting to defualt working config so let it do its job) once all of that happens (10min-1 1/2 hr depending on rig) make sure you close down all unessential backround programs then load the game.. it usually fixes the problem for me.. there are other work arounds but i dont know your competency level in computers and some of the other ways can get somewhat technical .. hope this helps and ill see you in the fleet

Tried this twice now with no luck, not sure what's going on here. Might have tot ry reinstalling it or something sigh >_<
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 111 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.