Will my PC run this? (graphics card)

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Will my PC run this? (graphics card)
5 years ago#1
Here are the specs for my PC:
HP Desktop AMD II X4 Quad Core, 8GB Mem, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Prem

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 graphics

I know that the 9100 is just an all purpose card but I just wanted to know if it would work. If not, what kind of card should I buy (that will work and fit on my computer)?

(I got it on black friday for 499, came with a printer and a nice 20 inch widescreen- not too bad.)

---
98% of people will die sometime in their lives.
-Ricky Bobby
5 years ago#2
Probably not.
---
Everything I say is the truth. There will be no discussion
5 years ago#3
have you seen the graphics? what do you think? use your common sense
---
Jaehlst
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/5917/jaehlst.png
5 years ago#4
anything from this century will be able to run it
---
Jaehlst
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/5917/jaehlst.png
5 years ago#5

jrnunes1 posted...
Here are the specs for my PC:
HP Desktop AMD II X4 Quad Core, 8GB Mem, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Prem

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 graphics

I know that the 9100 is just an all purpose card but I just wanted to know if it would work. If not, what kind of card should I buy (that will work and fit on my computer)?

(I got it on black friday for 499, came with a printer and a nice 20 inch widescreen- not too bad.)

-Ricky Bobby

Graphics card needs an update you cant even run world of warcrack on that but a Geforce' 9300m Gs 512 mb graphics card should run this for you plus it dont cost as much. I overclocked this on everquest 2 on max and little problems at all but i wouldn't get to in love with this graphics card since the newer one's are around the corner. But the one you have you be able to get 10 fps since this game is going to be packed! The more moving players or parts on a screen the more your graphics card has to work. But looking at the graphics this game was to offer the graphics card should be ok to run this.

(For NVIDIA, that second number gives you an idea of the use of the card - the first number is the series. 6000 cards are ancient, 7000 cards are old, 8000 cards are outdated, 9000 cards are pretty current. x100 (9100) cards are integrated, x200 (6200) through x500 (9500) are extremely weak, x600 (9600gt) is where you start to get gaming performance, and anything labeled "GTX" (9800gtx, gtx 280)is pretty hot stuff.) Im balling on a 9600Gt so this game would be a joke to my graphics card i hope i helped you out.

5 years ago#6

I sliped up the Geforce 9300m Gs 512MB is a laptop graphics card so and your using a desktop but it still a very good graphics card

5 years ago#7
So its probably safe to say my laptop probably wont run it...?
---
LET'S GO JACKETS Carry the Flag!!!
And this one belongs to the Reds
5 years ago#8

stewart20fan85 posted...
So its probably safe to say my laptop probably wont run it...?
---
LET'S GO JACKETS Carry the Flag!!!
And this one belongs to the Reds

Whats your computer spec's?

5 years ago#9

if the 2nd digit in the video card's number name is less than a 5 or 6, dont expect great performance

5 years ago#10

Why would you be running a quad core and 8gb of ram with such a poor video card. Get a 4890 they're

cheap now and will enable you to max out any game you play.

1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Will my PC run this? (graphics card)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived