The first expansion pack...

#1gornack0Posted 10/23/2011 11:39:31 AM
I'm hoping for a Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Light Speed -esque expansion pack. The free-roam space aspect of that game was very fun.
---
Corsair Vengeance(8GB 2x4GB);Asrock extreme6 p67;i5-2500k@ 4.8GHz; Radeon HD5870 1GB
#2dth_bladePosted 10/23/2011 11:54:25 AM
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/space-combat
---
Flame me. I need more attention.
#3pyber80Posted 10/23/2011 11:56:00 AM
dth_blade posted...
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/space-combat

That's not what the TC was talking about, so I'm not sure why you even posted it.
---
The Art of Trolling
http://tinyurl.com/perolex
#4dth_bladePosted 10/23/2011 11:57:58 AM
pyber80 posted...
That's not what the TC was talking about, so I'm not sure why you even posted it.

That's as close to free roam space as it's going to get. Interplanetary travel is done instantly like KotOR and Mass Effect.
---
#5thfisherPosted 10/23/2011 11:58:41 AM
i don't know what it is about free-roam space flying, but I used to get immediately disoriented playing those old Star Wars games....

I'd prefer they add more playable races and stories. Although I'm fine with that being in addition to freeroam space exploration that will confuse me
#6flagg2kplusPosted 10/23/2011 11:59:09 AM
dth_blade posted...
pyber80 posted...

That's as close to free roam space as it's going to get. Interplanetary travel is done instantly like KotOR and Mass Effect.

Ya!

Cuz things in MMOs NEVER change!!!
---
Outlaw firearms, and only the outlaws will have them.
#7pyber80Posted 10/23/2011 12:04:21 PM(edited)
dth_blade posted...
pyber80 posted...

I'm sorry, but you can see the future? Various folks from BioWare over the last year or so have said that future expansion in space is on the agenda for post launch, beyond the space combat we're getting at launch. One thing we know that will include is guild ships, which they were hoping to have in at launch, but may not make it. But what else they do is anyone's guess. Personally I'd hope for something similar to JTL or BF2. And its not like the TC is asking for Eve Online to be added to TOR. Just something with more freedom than the current tunnel shooter, and maybe the ability to just go for a joyride around a planetary system.

But to say its not going to happen is just silly. You don't know what BioWare has planned, and as such, you should not make claims you cannot back up.
---
The Art of Trolling
#8thfisherPosted 10/23/2011 12:06:07 PM
dth_blade posted...
pyber80 posted...

Wasn't that how "interplanetary travel" was done in Galaxies before the expansion?
#9dth_bladePosted 10/23/2011 12:19:44 PM
pyber80 posted...
I'm sorry, but you can see the future? Various folks from BioWare over the last year or so have said that future expansion in space is on the agenda for post launch, beyond the space combat we're getting at launch. One thing we know that will include is guild ships, which they were hoping to have in at launch, but may not make it. But what else they do is anyone's guess. Personally I'd hope for something similar to JTL or BF2. And its not like the TC is asking for Eve Online to be added to TOR. Just something with more freedom than the current tunnel shooter, and maybe the ability to just go for a joyride around a planetary system.

But to say its not going to happen is just silly. You don't know what BioWare has planned, and as such, you should not make claims you cannot back up.

I'm sorry, but you can see the future? There was an interview video where a Bioware employee stated that traveling between planets would be instantaneous. Something on the agenda = not officially confirmed = not real. If and when they add new stuff is anyone's guess, but until it's officially confirmed by Bioware or EA, it's all in your head.

But to say it will happen is just silly. You don't know what BioWare has planned, and as such, you should not make claims you cannot back up.
---
#10pyber80Posted 10/23/2011 12:27:44 PM(edited)
dth_blade posted...
I'm sorry, but you can see the future? There was an interview video where a Bioware employee stated that traveling between planets would be instantaneous. Something on the agenda = not officially confirmed = not real. If and when they add new stuff is anyone's guess, but until it's officially confirmed by Bioware or EA, it's all in your head.

But to say it will happen is just silly. You don't know what BioWare has planned, and as such, you should not make claims you cannot back up.

You're missing the point here. I'm not talking about interplanetary travel, and where you're getting that is beyond me. Apparently you're reading something between my lines of text that isn't there. Yes interplanetary travel is pretty much instantaneous, besides any animations/CG's that may go along with it like was done in the KOTOR games. But guess what? That's not what is being discussed here.

Perhaps you should look up what JTL contained, and perhaps Battlefront 2 as well, just so you can see where I'm coming from, and before you read anything else between my lines of text that isn't there.

Also, I never said once that I knew what BioWare will be doing, besides guild ships. Apparently you didn't read my whole post or you would have seen this:
"One thing we know that will include is guild ships, which they were hoping to have in at launch, but may not make it. But what else they do is anyone's guess."

So please, before you look more foolish, at least figure out what is going on in a thread before you post, quit reading things that aren't there, and look up BF2 and JTL.

Edit to return runaway words.

---
The Art of Trolling